BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Standard front fog wiring rating

More
16 Apr 2023 11:50 #248616 by BigT
Hi all, fitting some additional lighting on my partners 09 jimny.
I've got 2x spots and 2x floods.
The 2 spots are on additional wiring that used to run some roof mounted spots which is all nice and simple.
The idea was to run the 2 floods off the currently disused (bumper mod removed lights) front fog wiring.
However I've had a look and the wiring in question looks rather small guage, the new lights are LED so won't be as current hungry as the equivalent halogen bulbs, but it's still got me questioning things.
I dont have the new lights specs to hand but I can add those later on.
Does anyone know what the factory front fogs were rated at? And am I correct in thinking they both ran off the single connector found at the front n/s (uk).
Or is there another connector hidden somewhere for me to find ( I didnt remove the original lights myself). Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Apr 2023 03:20 #248637 by Lambert
Would it not be simpler to just use the feed to switch a relay then you can feed the lights with a suitable fused cable?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
17 Apr 2023 05:27 #248640 by yakuza
Hi.
I'm with Lambert, best to wire them with a relay.

Standard fog lamps are 55W wich is 4.5A at 12V.
Led lamps Wattage is not directly comparable due to the makers are mostly lying on the LED Performance.
You should allways measure the Amp draw if in doubt.
If in even more doubt you can check the amp rating on the fog lamp fuse.
I would not use more than approx half or max two thirds of the rated fuse Amps.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds