BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

5-piece anti-theft wheel nut set

More
31 Jan 2023 12:58 #247293 by Bosanek
Please recommend me a good quality 5-piece anti-theft wheel nut set which is compatible with Jimny 3 alloy wheels.

Suzuki only sells a 4-piece set and that purchase mistake cost me one wheel two days ago ....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
01 Feb 2023 05:29 #247307 by Lambert
I just have a wire rope and padlock through the carrier and the wheel for my spare. All out of sight behind the hard wheel cover.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bosanek

More
01 Feb 2023 15:04 #247317 by Scimike
Jimnybits sell a 5 nut set at a reasonable price for locking nuts. I've just purchased a set and will collect tomorrow, I can let you know what I think of them. 
All the other sets I've looked at only have 4 nuts. 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bosanek

More
02 Feb 2023 10:53 #247321 by Scimike
For anyone that wants five security wheel nuts.

Picked up the Jimnybits set, fitted in seconds. They appear to be very nice quality, the chrome plastic cover is just that, not sure how long they will last, but you get five of these also. To be honest they look OK without the cover, possibly even better, but I have fitted them. 
£25 from Jimnybits, cheap for a set of five. 
If you want to search locally the are made by GRAYSTON part LN103/5, the label also has 210722 in smaller print. 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IGNATUALA

More
09 Feb 2023 11:42 - 09 Feb 2023 11:43 #247463 by Bosanek
Thank you very much for this report. I also found the same product through online investigation.

Allegedly Evo5 also makes compatible 5-nut sets, but I have no further info on that at the moment.

It is a pity that 5-nut sets are so uncommon.

I incorporated my findings into this new wiki article:
www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/Loc...ti-theft)_wheel_nuts
Last edit: 09 Feb 2023 11:43 by Bosanek.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds