BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Power for reversing camera

More
01 Dec 2022 18:04 #246189 by Plaicd
Can anyone help with a location for a 12v near the rear ? Or should I run it from the head unit ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2022 18:12 #246192 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Power for reversing camera
I powered mine from the reversing lamps, then it comes on when you go in to reverse. That was an after market system on a GEN 3, not sure what you are using?

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
01 Dec 2022 18:16 #246193 by Delux
Replied by Delux on topic Power for reversing camera
Depends on the camera.
Some take a live from the reverse light, so the system only goes live in reverse.
Some require you to connect the head unit into the reverse light circuit so it might be easier to do that from the fusebox up to it.

In my experience most aftermarket ones, like DrRobin mentioned take their live from the reverse light with a seperate cable to the monitor (your head unit)

Busiest Mechanic in Scotland!
My pics (inc. pics of my latest Jimny project)...
www.flickr.com/photos/159422664@N08/albums
My ebay stuff for sale...
www.ebay.co.uk/usr/deeelux

More
06 Dec 2022 06:12 #246239 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Power for reversing camera
Mine (several) has a wire included in the video signal cable that runs from the reverse light and up to the head unit. Needs the reverse live to switch the screen over to the rear camera.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds