BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

suzuki jimny partially engaging its 4wd on it own

More
15 Sep 2022 13:46 #244978 by Kirk6866
2007 Jimny

suzuki jimny partially engaging 4wd on its own - I can stop the Jimny push the 4wd button all works as should you can here the hubs working the turn back to 2wd and its fine for a couple of days then the same thing - you here the noice of the suzuki jimny partially engaging again any ideas what is making this happen

Tx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2022 15:57 #244979 by DrRobin
The 4WD and 4WD-L switches on my 2011 Jimny, started to go faulty and they kept making contact when they shouldn't.

I disconnected the switch box and the problem went away, so opened the switch box and found that 2 of the 3 switches were fault. I picked another up from a scrap yard.

I have heard of wiring problems causing the same thing, but the switch box is quick to disconnect.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds