BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

51 Plate Jimny In Tank Filter solution

More
30 Mar 2022 21:43 - 30 Mar 2022 21:45 #242602 by stimpy
Hi there folks, some of you will know that I have been recommissioning my Jimny recently and found a lot of rust in the tank blocking up the pump filter and generally being a nuisance!!

I opted to refurbish the tank in the end which is now 95% done so nearing starting her up again... 

One issue I found was that the filter that connects to the bottom of the pump and acts as a piece up filter in the bottom of the tank had rubbed through a little allowing rust to pass into the tank. This filter pops off the pump very easily once one has removed the pump from its cradle. 

I made enquiries with Martin for a replacement as Suzuki list changing it at around 100/120k !! But he can only find the filter coming with the pump unit also which obviously costs a small fortune then and certainly not worth it here.

I wonder if anyone has found an alternate unit for this? Otherwise I will engineer something...

I shall try attach pics now for clarity ( wish me luck!) 

The filter section is the bit to the right hand side of the pic. It pops off very easily but not shown in this pic...
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Mar 2022 21:45 by stimpy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds