BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

SZ5 versus LCV

More
07 Oct 2021 11:25 #239200 by Axholme Lion
SZ5 versus LCV was created by Axholme Lion
Dear Deidrie, Is there anyone on here who has swapped an SZ5 for an LCV and if so do they regret it? I have been offered a good deal on my SZ5 against a new Subaru XV. I'm way up the list for an LCV to replace my existing Subaru next year but i am torn between taking the money to upgrade to a new Subaru but in the process losing my SZ5. Answers on a postcard please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2021 21:58 #239647 by auchenblae
Replied by auchenblae on topic SZ5 versus LCV
I have a non turbo 2009 Impreza R 150 bhp. The 2016 Jimny is the good ladies car. I have driven Impreza's since 1998.

If you can live with the auto box on the new Subaru's, well that is fine. I could not live with it. Nor would I by choice have a Jimny.

Just too unrefined for any journey over an hour.

eddie

16 SZ3
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07

More
27 Oct 2021 07:47 - 27 Oct 2021 07:53 #239651 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic SZ5 versus LCV
The Gen 4 Jimny was a big improvement in refinement over the earlier version.

A bit like a Defender really, our new Jimny is as refined as our VW Polo as long as you don't go over 70mph (we set the cruise at 65mph)

Our Defender is like the earlier Jimny, it's alright in the road, but the new one is in a different league.

The Subaru is going to be a much better road car than the older Jimny, no doubt about that.
Last edit: 27 Oct 2021 07:53 by lightning.

More
28 Oct 2021 07:46 #239680 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic SZ5 versus LCV
SZ5 is a trim level. Rear seats aside, both vehicles are identical underneath and in the way they drive. It depends on whether you like the Jimny for being a Jimny or you like it specifically because it has LED headlights, heated seats and a small touchscreen.

More
28 Oct 2021 11:16 #239685 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic SZ5 versus LCV
In the end we kept the Jimny. As you say i like the Jimny for being a Jimny, However as my Mrs is the one who drives it most in the week i thought it a little unfair for me to get the Subaru at the expense of downgrading her daily drive from SZ5 to LCV.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds