BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

BODY SWAP a 2004 M13A onto a 1999 G13BB chassis

More
15 Sep 2021 19:41 - 19 Sep 2021 08:35 #238650 by Dirtbird
Ok differential breather kit my recipe.

So going to run the entire vent system through one line .
Using 1/8 BPS 6 mm pipe push fittings 
2 elbows 
2 nipples 
3 tees 
and a push fit nipple with filter attached. Which ill run up the snorkle .

Used thisto tap the holes .

Transfer box 

Gearbox you can remove the factory nipple  wih a pliers 

Nipple installed in Gear box 

Diffs are straight forward with the 1/8 BPS tap making thread with no additional drilling . 

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Sep 2021 08:35 by Dirtbird.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2021 07:05 #238772 by Dirtbird
Got the fuel line in and the brake line as well. In 2004 it's a single brake line and in 1999 it's a single line that branches off at the rear into two lines. I had rounded the brake line nuts in the two-way splitter under the driver-side floor area so I needed to get them out and make up a new line.
Friday night went online and order a flaring kit, some copper line, and some brake nuts from Halfords and picked up Saturday morning. Really important to BUY A PIPE CUTTER.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
19 Sep 2021 07:08 - 19 Sep 2021 07:13 #238773 by Dirtbird
I ended up having to scavenge brake line nuts off the other lines because there's a small difference between the Halfords nuts and the Jimny nuts. Halfords brake line nut notice the 3 mm at the end of the nut
 This is the jimny nut and that 3 mm makes all the difference
Other wise the flaring tool is easy to use and does the job all in all not bad for €30 and the copper pipe and nuts another €20 so affordable and a good set of tools to have . 

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Sep 2021 07:13 by Dirtbird.

More
19 Sep 2021 07:17 #238774 by Dirtbird
The other thing I forgot to mention was I cleaned the lines with a wire wheel, and sandpaper and then sprayed them with rattle can zinc paint.  

Attachments:

More
21 Sep 2021 22:27 #238869 by Dirtbird
To any of you who have changed a clutch from the floor, I salute you. I was going to not bother but now I'm glad I changed it while the body was off. Even with the body off the bolts under the starter motor were tough.

Attachments:

More
15 Oct 2021 19:45 #239437 by Dirtbird
Work has me getting up going out coming home getting up going out coming home getting up................. the last couple of weeks however hoping to put the body on this weekend.
Made a new brake line and did the bolts that hold the hand brake cable onto the cross member plus found a braided stainless steel brake hose.

More
13 Nov 2021 18:42 #240075 by Dirtbird
Been a while but got a day in the shed and am ready to put it all back together.

Attachments:

More
13 Dec 2021 21:23 #240625 by Dirtbird
Well, a dose of Covid fairly knocked the sheet out of me. Back at it again today got the body on.Would like to get it running by Christmas .Hope ye are all well.

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Dec 2021 04:16 #240631 by Lambert
Glad to hear you're back on your feet.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
06 Jan 2022 21:50 #240946 by Dirtbird
Lads I cannot remember if this is connected to anything?

Attachments:

More
06 Jan 2022 21:53 - 06 Jan 2022 21:55 #240947 by Dirtbird
Also cannot remember where these go? The two black females, are joint together and look like the letter M 

The wire is long enough to go back to the fuse box beside the battery.

Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Jan 2022 21:55 by Dirtbird.

More
07 Jan 2022 07:57 #240953 by Scimike
I believe the black M connector is the horn.
Easy to check with multimeter before you connect.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds