BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

JB74 water trap

More
20 Jun 2021 19:48 #235999 by Dan
JB74 water trap was created by Dan
Does anyone know anything about the gathering of water within the bodywork of the new jimny?

My wife said she had seen something on facebook, but I would rather do something unmentionable than sign up for social media!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2021 20:12 #236001 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic JB74 water trap
Sure someone mentioned a "water sloshing around" in the body work on here, but I can't find it. Don't recall it being anything serious.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2021 20:21 - 20 Jun 2021 20:23 #236002 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic JB74 water trap
Was it water on the roof? The rails trap water & runs up & down until you brake it all covers the windscreen.?
Last edit: 20 Jun 2021 20:23 by Grima.

More
20 Jun 2021 20:30 #236003 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic JB74 water trap
Schmike : I've heard that sloshing, not for a while but I've definitely heard it.

Grima, as I understand it, someone drilled a hole under the bodywork and a load of water came out.

I got my Jimny to drive in the worst British weather conditions, so if this affects anyone, it will definitely affect me as I get the thing wet often.

More
20 Jun 2021 20:49 #236004 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic Re:JB74 water trap
It was something to do with the rear spring seats, drilled a hole and a load of water came out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan

• Jimnyz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2021 22:30 #236006 by Jimnyz
Replied by Jimnyz on topic JB74 water trap
I found this on YouTube.

This channel "Nokomiti" has a lot of videos adding features to the JB74 and camping/cooking which I really enjoy watching.

More
21 Jun 2021 12:03 #236017 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic JB74 water trap

I found this on YouTube.

This channel "Nokomiti" has a lot of videos adding features to the JB74 and camping/cooking which I really enjoy watching.

Interesting.

I guess it raises the questions of:

- Are the Gen 3 bump stops the same? If so, have they proven to be an issue/cause of rusting?

-How does the water get in there? Having water sitting inside a rubber bump stop may not be the end of the world, if it has a point of exit somewhere on it.

More
21 Jun 2021 12:39 #236018 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic JB74 water trap
Does anyone with a recent Jimny have holes in the rubber already as mentioned in the video?

More
21 Jun 2021 13:37 #236020 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic JB74 water trap
The Gen 3 and Gen 4 have the same cones in the rear, why they don't have holes in them is beyond me. It is of little consequence that they accumulate water / mud / sand.  My first Gen 3 ended up giving a nice geographic history of where I had been when I emptied the cones. On my second Gen 3 and my Gen 4 I made holes in them.

More
21 Jun 2021 14:00 #236021 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic JB74 water trap
Starting to see requests for replacement mounts (they are weld on) for early models (1998 to 2002) so they do rust although by that age rust elsewhere has taken hold first

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
22 Jun 2021 10:16 #236038 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic JB74 water trap
Strangely enough i had the sloshing sound this weekend. It sounds like under the scuttle panel, but i may be wrong. We have had a fair bit of rain overnight and when Mrs A drove off to work this morning quite a bit of water shot out of the drain holes behind the front wheels. It has always done this from new, we got it in March 2020.

More
22 Jun 2021 11:51 #236039 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic JB74 water trap
Can you tell me where the holes were made in the these parts?
As l think it's worth doing it.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds