BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

G13BB weak idle

• s1ms
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 May 2021 15:04 - 03 May 2021 15:49 #234821 by s1ms
G13BB weak idle was created by s1ms
Hi all,

I'm having some issues with the idle being very weak. If that makes sense at all. Every time I start driving, the car wants to die if I don't apply throttle. I don't know if it is a Jimny specific thing, as I've not had a chance to try another one yet :)

Just to try and eliminate the idle control valve, I replaced it with a new one but no change and it is still very eager to just die. I also replaced the manifold pressure sensor and still no change. The car has a new air filter, new spark plugs and the idle itself is very smooth, but as soon as I need a little bit of engine power it wants to die. 

Which other components should I investigate?

Car: 1999 Jimny with G13BB. No check engine light.

Thanks!
Last edit: 03 May 2021 15:49 by s1ms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Owl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jul 2021 08:09 #236652 by Owl
Replied by Owl on topic G13BB weak idle
ideas, Bump the idle up on the idle screw. Check for vacuum leaks, turn on 4WD and make sure that engages without 4WD light flashing on the cluster. If it flashes you have a leak most likely in the hosing network that provides vacuum to engage and disengage . Other than that spray some carb clean or (on a cool engine at your own risk), pr something similar on the tubes, tube connection points, along the injectors, inlet manifold join, etc, Engine will falter if you spray a leak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds