BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

1999 Jimny Heater Core Hose

More
05 Jan 2021 21:03 - 05 Jan 2021 21:17 #231546 by Reason2doubt
Hi everyone,

Just about to flush my heater core as one pipe is significantly colder than the other leading me to believe it is blocked to some extent however I've been wiggling the inlet hose to see if they were stuck and it started to disintegrate and now leaks a little. I would like to replace both of them if possible.

Would anyone happen to know the inner diameter of the hose I would need (pictured)? Edit: or know a suitable replacement?

Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jan 2021 21:17 by Reason2doubt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2021 21:18 #231547 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic 1999 Jimny Heater Core Hose
Surely the ID of the rubber hose is the same as the OD of the steel pipe it's connected to?...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason2doubt

More
05 Jan 2021 21:34 #231550 by Reason2doubt
Yes, fair point. Just wanted to ask in case there was some hidden wisdom out there... 

More
05 Jan 2021 21:36 #231551 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic 1999 Jimny Heater Core Hose
Whats been said ^^^^.
​​​​Measure the OD of the metal pipe and get a rubber hose with a ID no larger, ideally slightly smaller, than the metal pipe OD. 
​​​​​​Only other option is new OEM pipe I suspect.
MIke

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
05 Jan 2021 21:40 #231552 by Reason2doubt
Thank you Scimike that's useful to know! ;)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Jan 2021 05:50 #231558 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic 1999 Jimny Heater Core Hose
Be careful about how you manipulate the metal pipes as when they move relatively to the heater matrix they can start leaking. Unless the older ones are different the pipes are kinda crimped into bosses on the core and disturbing them after years of immobility is not good.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
06 Jan 2021 22:35 #231576 by Roger Fairclough
I will add a little to what Lambert said. The pipe shows serious corrosion and removing the hose will likely destroy it. At this age the hose is likely to be rubber welded to the pipe and difficult to remove so you will end up needing a new pipe and hose. In the past I have made new pipes using copper tube.

Roger

More
08 Jan 2021 21:10 #231625 by Reason2doubt
The operation was a success... the heater on the Jimny is bloody hot! I've never known it to be so warm and so quick! Well worth it if anyone else who is reading this has the issue that their heater is simply not warm enough. 

Thank you all for your advice. 

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds