BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Jimny jb74 pulling to the left

More
04 Sep 2020 20:26 #227739 by wicho001

Soeley wrote: Thanks, I'd seen his other video but not that one. Got to say I fitted the Osram LEDs before he did :)

Nice!!...Your welcome.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2020 22:15 #227743 by Grim Reaper
I wonder if some adjustment has been made that is now causing the power steering to try to return the steering wheel to centre? If you have not removed the steering wheel or changed the connections on the steering column in the engine bay (thus changing the wheel position in relation to the steering box input shaft position) then centering the steering wheel should align the yellow paint marks on the steering box input shaft and housing (there were paint marks on mine so I guess there will be on others as well).
If we take this as a factory set centre position, keeping the steering wheel centred, the only adjustment that should be required is to the drag link from the pitman arm to the nearside wheel to straighten the front wheels up. There should be no need to adjust the rod across the back of the wheels. this adjusts the toe in which didn't change when the axle was lowered in relation to the body

More
05 Sep 2020 03:31 #227746 by wicho001

Grim Reaper wrote: I wonder if some adjustment has been made that is now causing the power steering to try to return the steering wheel to centre? If you have not removed the steering wheel or changed the connections on the steering column in the engine bay (thus changing the wheel position in relation to the steering box input shaft position) then centering the steering wheel should align the yellow paint marks on the steering box input shaft and housing (there were paint marks on mine so I guess there will be on others as well).
If we take this as a factory set centre position, keeping the steering wheel centred, the only adjustment that should be required is to the drag link from the pitman arm to the nearside wheel to straighten the front wheels up. There should be no need to adjust the rod across the back of the wheels. this adjusts the toe in which didn't change when the axle was lowered in relation to the body

The only thing that has been touched is the rod. I will take a look at the yellow mark tomorrow. Cross fingers!

More
12 Nov 2020 13:54 - 12 Nov 2020 13:55 #229962 by wicho001
Hello to all,

Ok guys this is my 4th attempt on my wheel alignment issue, same result. Will try another shop very soon. All tires at 28 psi.

Last edit: 12 Nov 2020 13:55 by wicho001.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds