BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Ignition coil help

More
19 Jul 2020 04:33 #225304 by Old Neil
Ignition coil help was created by Old Neil
Is it possible to connect individual stick coils to a G13BB with the standard ECU, has anyone on the forum done it, I'm thinking hotter spark?maybe?

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Jul 2020 09:39 #225312 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Ignition coil help
As far as I am aware no one has done this. Probably because the standard ecu won't support it. Unless someone knows different?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
19 Jul 2020 12:06 #225320 by Old Neil
Replied by Old Neil on topic Re:Ignition coil help

Lambert wrote: As far as I am aware no one has done this. Probably because the standard ecu won't support it. Unless someone knows different?

Thanks Lambert, I don't know technical side if the ECU can handle the extra load, just thought I'd ask, cheers

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
20 Jul 2020 08:33 #225382 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Re:Ignition coil help
I would doubt the standard ecu will have more than two coil drivers and how to modify the software i wouldn't know. Keithy is your man for coil-on-plug info as thats what hes using I believe...

I know the injectors are individually controlled (at least in a m series they are)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
20 Jul 2020 09:16 #225385 by Old Neil
Replied by Old Neil on topic Re:Re:Ignition coil help

Riccy wrote: I would doubt the standard ecu will have more than two coil drivers and how to modify the software i wouldn't know. Keithy is your man for coil-on-plug info as thats what hes using I believe...

I know the injectors are individually controlled (at least in a m series they are)

Thanks Riccy

More
20 Jul 2020 13:43 #225395 by Old Neil
Replied by Old Neil on topic Re:Ignition coil help
Hi i re read your replys and not sure if i got my message across, I'm not wanting to drive the 4 coils individually but to keep it as the waisted spark system
I'm not clued up if the 4 separate coils would put a strain on standard ECU (ohms/voltage?)Sorry to be a pain

More
20 Jul 2020 18:59 - 20 Jul 2020 19:03 #225401 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic Re:Ignition coil help
They are smart coils on the Jimny, from memory they are 12V with about 20mA drive capability. I'm sure you could find dual output smart coils with a higher energy output, otherwise you would need to use an external igniter module.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.
Last edit: 20 Jul 2020 19:03 by Rhinoman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Neil

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds