BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

R72 Gearbox rebuild

• SyncroSacha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jun 2020 22:46 #224045 by SyncroSacha
R72 Gearbox rebuild was created by SyncroSacha
Hi everyone,
I’m not the most clued up on gearbox rebuilds, but I like to give everything a go if I can.
I’ve taken apart my R72 box, and the bearing on the end of the counter shaft was very well worn but still intact with no bits missing.
Where the bearing sits in the housing, it looks like it has spun a bit. There is no scoring and the bearing still fits snug so I’m not worried about that, just some discolouration. However where the bearing face sits on the housing, there are a few raised bits and little dimples, which could be worn bits of bearing stuck to the face and damage to the face from bearing particles, see the black bits in the pic below.
Does the face of the bearing actually sit up against this housing face? Can I really carefully get this smooth somehow?
Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2020 19:06 #224103 by HUN
Replied by HUN on topic R72 Gearbox rebuild
Your question has been already answered in your Facebook post. Yes, yes.

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds