BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

JB33W Front Axle Housing

• zukebob
  • zukebob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Manila, Philippines
More
04 May 2020 02:52 - 04 May 2020 03:09 #221866 by zukebob
Is anyone able to confirm whether the JB33W axle housing is interchangeable with the JB43?

An important addendum: This would be a surplus housing from Japan (RHD) for replacement in a LHD JB43

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Last edit: 04 May 2020 03:09 by zukebob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2020 10:09 #221871 by facade
Replied by facade on topic JB33W Front Axle Housing
I can't confirm the difference between them, but a RHD JB43 will be different to a LHD JB43, as the panhard rod mounts the other way- it runs parallel to the drag link, there is no LHD fixing on my RHD axle case. The 43 panhard fixing seems to be beefed up a lot compared to the 33, but I've no idea if the RHD 33 and 43 would swap.

Some photos of a RHD JB43 axle

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: zukebob

• zukebob
  • zukebob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Manila, Philippines
More
05 May 2020 04:08 #221901 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic JB33W Front Axle Housing
Thanks Facade. For background, I was able to determine that the JB33 and JB43 share a common rear axle housing (46510-84A20) but the front axle housing had different part numbers even when comparing LHD to LHD. The Japanese surplus that they bring over here is always converted for LHD but I was thinking that there might be more to it. “The 43 panhard fixing seems to be beefed up a lot compared to the 33” is the kind of detail that I was really trying to learn. I was thinking there might be more significant differences but I’m not sure.

Regardless of what I am being told by the seller, I think I may just reject anything until a JB43 becomes available.

Thanks again.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rabid Rhino

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds