BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suzuki Jimny 2019 utility vehicle conversion kit?

More
11 Dec 2019 18:22 #216405 by treps
Hi

I hear Suzuki supply a utility conversion kit in the continent for the new Jimny. This removes the back seats but there is little other info.
Does anyone know it? My question is: does the kit still maintain the load area flat and level (as if the seats were folded down)? Any info and / or pictures appreciated. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2019 18:37 #216406 by mlines
Are you mixing up the new "commercial JImny" that is due from Suzuki at the start of 2021.

I do not know of any official Suzuki conversion kits and they would defeat the key benefit of declaring a vehicle commercial which is around the taxes, duties and emmissions penalties paid on import as it would have been imported to Europe as a consumer vehicle.

THere are bound to be un-official ones around that blank out the rear windows and possibly remove the seats and belts.

Do you have a link to the official ones?

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
11 Dec 2019 19:05 #216408 by treps
Thanks. I am trying to get a link. It is only about removing the rear seats and belts. No change to the windows. Load area unknown hence my question.
This kit is available in the continent. Converting to a utility enables you to avoid paying the one off CO2 tax on purchase which is now €4800! The travesty is that you can convert it back to a private vehicle after 1 year at no cost. Don't ask... there is no logic. Thanks

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Dec 2019 20:08 #216412 by Lambert
It used to be possible to pre registration convert a car to a van under tax law but that was stopped years ago. In order to do it now as I understand it the vehicle has to be type approved as N1 by the manufacturer in order to make full use of the available legislation. The easiest way to get the same configuration is probably to invest some time into a custom rear deck and then notify dvla etc that it is now a 2 seater which will make mot tests slightly simpler in the future.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: treps

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds