BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Hose heater in Gen 4

• DlgVrg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Sep 2019 13:24 #214003 by DlgVrg
Hose heater in Gen 4 was created by DlgVrg
I am preparing my Jimny Gen 4 for the winter and started installing electricity for a heater in the cabin. I'd also like to install a "hose heater" to have the engine a bit warmed up as well -- something like the

www.biltema.se/en-se/car---mc/car-access...and-20-mm-2000038337

or the

www.biltema.se/en-se/car---mc/car-access...ater-cell-2000033930

My problem is that I do not know cars very well and do not know where the proper installation would be. The manual says at the lowest point and I think it is supposed to be right after the water pump and mounted vertically. Where is that on my Jimny? Anyone already done this mod an could share a picture or two?

Removed the rubber thingy and cut a hole in it to get the cable through into the cabin

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Outlet mounted in front (used a Dremel to get the hole about the right size)

Attachment not found

A hook to grab things behind the grill and a drill to get a hole through the plastic behind the grill next to the radiator

Attachment not found

Pleased with the location, nice and discreet

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds