BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

No of splines on Jimny steering boxes? Are they all the same?

More
29 Apr 2019 17:30 #206925 by rcx241
Are all the Jimny steering boxes the same? And does anyone know how many splines are on the output shaft?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Apr 2019 18:11 #206929 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. Some are power steering and some are not. And there might be other minor differences. What age are you looking at?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
29 Apr 2019 18:21 - 29 Apr 2019 19:20 #206933 by rcx241
It's actually for a trials buggy that uses a Samurai chassis. The Jimny steering box holes apparently line up and will fit. I'm just worried about finding a lowered/dropped pitman arm to fit. I sourced a dropped pitman arm from a supplier in France, it has 42 splines and I *think* it's for a Jimny but I'm not certain.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum :)
Last edit: 29 Apr 2019 19:20 by rcx241.

More
30 Apr 2019 10:32 #206964 by yakuza
Following :)

I too will be looking for a dropped pitman arm for more or less the same use. I have a lwb Samurai/SJ413 and a jimny steering box going into it.
The last time i looked at it i was thinking about using a high steer kit but it will probably not be legal here..
old thread:
www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...itman-drop-arm#59889

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
30 Apr 2019 16:32 #206984 by Riccy

rcx241 wrote: It's actually for a trials buggy that uses a Samurai chassis. The Jimny steering box holes apparently line up and will fit. I'm just worried about finding a lowered/dropped pitman arm to fit. I sourced a dropped pitman arm from a supplier in France, it has 42 splines and I *think* it's for a Jimny but I'm not certain.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum :)

Rhino ray does drop pitman arms for a good price ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds