BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Front Axle Kingpin Swivel Joint Kit

• Martinw
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Nov 2018 19:09 #198154 by Martinw
Front Axle Kingpin Swivel Joint Kit was created by Martinw
Has anyone bought this kit from JimnyBits?

www.jimnybits.com/jimny/service-items-bu...wivel-joint-kit.html

It seems cheap compared to buying all the parts separately. My swivel seal has gone on the offside so thinking while it's all off to replace that I may as well do the King Pins too.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wombat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Nov 2018 21:45 #198163 by wombat
Replied by wombat on topic Front Axle Kingpin Swivel Joint Kit
Hi Martin, if the swivel seal is leaking the most probable cause is worn kingpin bearings, as the seal is a dust seal not an oil seal.Usually the only things to change are the kingpin bearings and the internal axle oil seal. I have never needed to change the swivel seal or the actual kingpins. There is an excellent guide to doing this job in the Big Jimny wiki at the top of the page
Hope it goes well
:) :)

More
25 Nov 2018 22:50 - 25 Nov 2018 22:53 #198164 by Busta
As Wombat says, it's very unlikely you need to replace all of those parts and if it's leaking oil its the small driveshaft seal that has gone, usually caused by work kingpin bearings so the bearings and driveshaft seal are normally all you need. They are standard size parts and cheap to buy, either from the BigJimny store or a local bearing supplier. Expect to pay between £20-30 per side, depending on the quality of the bearings.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2018 22:53 by Busta.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds