BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Diff identification

• bodsjim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2017 14:41 #178501 by bodsjim
Diff identification was created by bodsjim
Hi all, I've just replaced what I think was an automatic rear diff with the correct manual diff ( previous owner garage fitted wrong diff which made the 4wd wind up ) anyways I now have a diff that I think is an automatic ratio diff but I've only got the po word for it . I want to sell the diff as it's perfectly serviceable and was nice and quiet however I was wondering if there is a way to confirm that it was definitely an automatic diff and not a manual from a different year for example . Is there a way to do this ?? Stamped numbers perhaps ? Any ideas please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2017 15:01 #178502 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Diff identification
Count the teeth on the crown wheel and the pinion. Divide the larger by the smaller. If auto this should be 4.090

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• bodsjim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Feb 2017 18:34 #178561 by bodsjim
Replied by bodsjim on topic Diff identification
Sorted , 4.090 it is 45 and 11 thanks for that , by the way the manual one you sent me was spot on Thankyou

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds