BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Heated mirrors and heated seats

More
19 Dec 2016 13:40 #175798 by Bosanek
I used to believe that heated mirrors and heated seats became a factory option only from cca 2006 onwards (with revised 2nd generation dashboard/console with electric transfer box push buttons).

However, according to older Suzuki's wiring diagrams, it appears that both heated mirrors and heated seats existed from cca 2001 onwards, if not even sooner.

That means that vehicles with 1st generation dashboard should exist with heated mirrors and heated front seats.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone have or know of a Jimny made before 2005 (with old dashboard) which has either heated front seats or heated mirrors?

If the answer to the 1st question is YES:
2. Where are the buttons/switches for operating the heated mirrors and heated seats located in those older Jimnys with 1st generation dashboard? A picture would be excellent.

I know where the switches are located on the revised 2nd generation dashboard - circular button for seat heating is just left to the 2WD/4WD/4WD-L buttons, while mirror heaters share the same circular button with rear window heater, just right to the same transfer box buttons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zee Zee Top
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2016 15:30 #175805 by Zee Zee Top
Replied by Zee Zee Top on topic Heated mirrors and heated seats
As far as I am aware heated seats were never an option in the UK. (and I don't recall them being available anywhere else either) By the way I have just last week, had heated seating elements fitted to my fronts. Toasty. Can't comment on mirrors as mine is later than 2005 and has them as standard.

• Awiz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2016 20:56 - 19 Dec 2016 21:01 #175816 by Awiz
Replied by Awiz on topic Heated mirrors and heated seats
I am not located in UK but here is a link on how the dashboard looks like on a 2001 jimny with heated seats.
i.imgur.com/l13oDz7.jpg
Left hand side drive obviously. The switch is for both of the front seats, can't heat up just one. Unless you unplug the wires to the passenger seat of course :>

This jimny does not have heated mirrors as far as I know.
Last edit: 19 Dec 2016 21:01 by Awiz.

• Decklandpt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Dec 2016 08:56 #175843 by Decklandpt
Replied by Decklandpt on topic Heated mirrors and heated seats
that button looks aftermaket, the colour is a bit off, never seen it before. also, that car doesnt have front fog lights. those who do have 2 separate buttons, one for the rears and one for the fronts. my front jimny had them and i always wondered about the third button. assume it's for the mirrors, but dont recall any pre facelift jimny with heated mirrors. might be a regional markets thing...
as far as i know, the only heated mirrors are the post facelift ones, that are a bit smaller with replaceble back covers.
and by post facelift, i mean exterior facelift, with new front bumper design. the new interior design with new dash and seats was came in 2005, the exterior in 2006
my old jimny was a august 2005 one, with new interior but the old bumper, to me that's the best combo, cuz the new bumpers look ugly and are too close to the ground

More
22 Dec 2016 15:25 #175854 by Bosanek
Thank you all for your comments.

It appears that those high-end features, like leather seats, heated seats, heated mirrors, leather steering wheel, leather gearshift knob, as well as wood-alike console, were region-specific offers. Not every region of the world had those luxuries as options when buying the cars in the showrooms.

Regarding leather seats, my DDiS Jimny from 2006 has them (but no seat heating), and I have seen many Jimnys with leather seats in Germany, some of those being older Jimnys with 1st generation interior (made before 2005).

I also used to think that heated seats and heated mirrors became produced only after the revised interior in 2005. However, Suzuki's wiring diagram manual as early as for type 2 or type 3 (issued around 2001) clearly mentions heated mirrors and seat heaters and explains the wiring for them.

I also used to wonder what that third button position next to rear fog and front fog lamp buttons is for.

Awiz's photo, if the button is genuine, finally gives an answer to that question. To me the button appears to be genuine.

The only question is where the mirror heating button is located on older Jimnys. I suppose that the button for rear window heater also controls heated mirrors (like it does on newer Jimnys, just the button itself is different). But we need some confirmation.

I have confirmed elsewhere that seat heating is controlled by one button for both front seats on newer Jimnys as well. So no individual seat heating control.

P.S.: I also agree that newer interior with old bumper is the best combination, but those are rare and only made in 2005.

P.P.S.: Does anyone else know of any other high-end Jimny luxuries apart from the above mentioned ones? Heated front window, digital AC, electric seats, wooden this or that, whatnot?

• Awiz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Dec 2016 21:33 #175897 by Awiz
Replied by Awiz on topic Heated mirrors and heated seats

Decklandpt wrote: that button looks aftermaket, the colour is a bit off, never seen it before. also, that car doesnt have front fog lights. those who do have 2 separate buttons, one for the rears and one for the fronts. my front jimny had them and i always wondered about the third button. assume it's for the mirrors, but dont recall any pre facelift jimny with heated mirrors. might be a regional markets thing...
as far as i know, the only heated mirrors are the post facelift ones, that are a bit smaller with replaceble back covers.
and by post facelift, i mean exterior facelift, with new front bumper design. the new interior design with new dash and seats was came in 2005, the exterior in 2006
my old jimny was a august 2005 one, with new interior but the old bumper, to me that's the best combo, cuz the new bumpers look ugly and are too close to the ground

I'm not sure what you consider aftermarket but I have known this car since it was brand new and the switch has been there ever since. Meaning the car hasn't been to a shop to get the heaters/switch installed after we got the car. It's true that the button looks a bit different compared to the rear fog light switch (you're right, this car doesn't have front fog lights) because the heater switch has actually been used, the fog light switch not so much. This jimny was a daily driver for almost 15 years in Finland and the winters are cold :)

Bosanek wrote:
Awiz's photo, if the button is genuine, finally gives an answer to that question. To me the button appears to be genuine.

The only question is where the mirror heating button is located on older Jimnys. I suppose that the button for rear window heater also controls heated mirrors (like it does on newer Jimnys, just the button itself is different). But we need some confirmation.

I have confirmed elsewhere that seat heating is controlled by one button for both front seats on newer Jimnys as well. So no individual seat heating control.

As written above, the button is genuine to me :) And yes, no individual seat heating control.
When were the heated mirrors introduced?

More
02 Jan 2017 17:23 #176185 by Bosanek
According to Suzuki's official wiring diagrams, the wiring for heated mirrors is explained earliest in their wiring diagram manual 99512_81A20_015. There it says "Type 3, LHD" for the heated mirror wiring option.

Type 3 Jimnys were introduced around 2001-2002 as far as I know.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds