BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

jimny m13 automatic transmission problems

• trinijimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Feb 2014 13:03 #104359 by trinijimny
jimny m13 automatic transmission problems was created by trinijimny
Hey I live in the Caribbean, i have a 2005 jimny, it has a M13 engine and automatic transmission. the transmission needs replacing and i cant find one here, can i swap the transmission with a different make or model?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Fingi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2022 00:20 #241782 by Fingi
Replied by Fingi on topic jimny m13 automatic transmission problems
Any update?

More
11 Feb 2022 04:43 #241783 by zukebob
The common answer here is, if you are willing to spend enough money, then yes. Designing a way to adapt another transmission and having parts fabricated would get you there. Considering the small size of the current transmission you would almost certainly be required to modify the transmission tunnel as well.

If you are asking if there is a "plug and play" replacement, the unfortunate answer is no.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

More
11 Feb 2022 07:25 #241785 by yakuza
As the jimny has the "divorced" transmission with the gearbox and transfer case separated and other suzuki 4x4 with auto does not (?), Other m13 and m16 model suzuki auto gearboxes like GV or front wheel drive models would not fit.

The least troublesome path would be a manual from another jimny one could think.
But the 2005 has very different gears in the transfer and axles on the auto and manual models so it would not work to do a direct swap. many parts in addition is also needed to swap like driveshaft, flywheel, interior, electric, dasboard and axles and transfer case.

As Zukebob says, no.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds