Vehicles (17 Jan 2019)
You can now add the vehicles you own to your profile as little icons that appear in your profile and alongside your posts.
This is a bit of an experiment. Take a look under the "REWARDS" menu across the top of the screen for the vehicles "ADD/MODIFY" option.
Let me know how you get on.
- Posts: 159
- Thank you received: 10
- Points: 0.00
If you have the key with the remote in it then to programme the remote you need to go over the instructions available online to teach it to the car. the instructions have a mistake in them.
You still need to use the Suzuki kit to tell that key to start the car.
Unlike in some other cars if you lock the car with a remote you can unlock the door it with the key. Not in my MK3 MX5 or Impreza without the alarm going off.
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07
RG413, RG415 & SN413 (Japanese built Ignis &Jimny Models)
Transmitter Code Registration Procedure
If transmitter or door lock controller is replaced with a new one, register key code as follows:
1. Confirm that the vehicle is in the following condition.
* All doors are closed
* Ignition key is out of ignition switch
* Driver side door is unlocked and its window is open.
2. Disconnect negative (-) cable from battery.
3. After 30 seconds, perform the following procedure within 60 seconds.
a) Connect negative (-) cable to battery
b) Operate drive side door lock button (1) from lock to unlock twice
c) Push 'LOCK' button on transmitter and confirm that all doors cycle from unlock/lock/unlock
d) Push driver side door lock button to 'LOCK' position
e) Push 'LOCK' button on transmitter twice and confirm that all doors cycle from unlock/lock/unlock
With this, code registration is completed.
* Two transmitter codes can be registered at the same time
* When the third transmitter code is registered, the oldest one will be cleared automatically
The only benefit of age is experience.
It is a petrol Jimny made in 2013 in Japan (type 9 model).
It originally had a standard key (no buttons on it) plus a separate remote controller for remote central locking of all vehicle's doors.
Well that remote controller thingy got lost.
Now the car can be (un)locked only by putting the key in a door lock, like in an old vehicle.
So, there are now two questions:
1. Where to obtain another remote controller (Suzuki dealers ask a high price ...)? Perhaps from a vehicle junkyard, or new aftermarket of the same quality?
2. How to program the new remote controller to the car?
- Posts: 1098
- Thank you received: 183
- Points: 470.00
I bought this or a similar item. It works and I can program my excisting keys in my 2005 jimny.
You will need the correct immo chips to program it to your car.
2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, 17%/87% high/low gears.