BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Best axles

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2014 12:48 #105420 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Best axles
Dana 30 or 44 axles are interesting with their open knuckles and U-joints. But they are very wide. But perhaps someone could shorten them up? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2014 13:17 #105425 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Best axles
don't quote me on this but I think one of the Dana axles is exactly the same ration as the G wagon so in theory you could fit a G wagon rear and a Dana front from a Wrangler and end up with a locking rear diff as a bonus.
As regards availability I have both G wagon and Yota 70s spare axles make me a silly offer you never know I might go for it :silly:

• Mister Stu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2014 19:17 - 21 Feb 2014 19:24 #105451 by Mister Stu
Replied by Mister Stu on topic Best axles
£57.43 and a ferret any good to you dave?? :whistle: :lol:
Think the dana axle would have to be flipped as the diff is on the n/s? (If you didnt know already :pinch: )
Last edit: 21 Feb 2014 19:24 by Mister Stu.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2014 19:30 #105453 by Dave cc

Mister Stu wrote: £57.43 and a ferret any good to you dave?? :whistle: :lol:
Think the dana axle would have to be flipped as the diff is on the n/s? (If you didnt know already :pinch: )

Yeah that could be a problem then

• Yellostreak
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2014 19:56 - 21 Feb 2014 19:57 #105456 by Yellostreak
Replied by Yellostreak on topic Best axles
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI did wonder why jeep axles could not be used but of course diff is on wrong side.. Shame as there are loads on the market...

Seen these though but too far for me plus I have a mate in Germany who has a source for ex military g-wagen axles. Not cheap though.

Last edit: 21 Feb 2014 19:57 by Yellostreak.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2014 20:03 #105457 by Dave cc
Ratio looks rite same as cruiser 70 front looks about rite to just rear diff seems to be central as where cruiser is offset like a jim reckon they would fit but if diff central you will end up binning the fuel tank under the car

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds