BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Reasons to keep jimny.help,

More
30 Nov 2013 22:30 #94068 by helijohn

TLW wrote:
Most scary incident I've ever had was while stationary at red traffic lights.

I was driven off the road by a truck (foreign) pulling over and partly went down an embankment. Now that was scary which is why I now have train horns. ;)

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2013 00:37 #94100 by helijohn

TLW wrote: Most scary incident I've ever had was while stationary at red traffic lights.

Mine was in my SJ when I got run off the road part way down an embankment by a foreign artic. It's why I have train horns.

Is there an echo in here? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Dec 2013 09:27 #94115 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Reasons to keep jimny.help,

helijohn wrote:

TLW wrote:
Another plus is that the idiots who cut you up all the time or overtake you on the inside when you're changing lanes if you're driving a 2 ton 110 that can swipe their tinny little hatch into the weeds or simply drive over it and never notice seem to behave themselves when faced with a Jimny.

I might have misunderstood but I find I don't get the respect when I am in the Jimny. In fact in my SJ when I had it I had two dangerous close calls. Whereas in a bigger motor there is respect. :whistle: Plus, the bigger Discovery types etc. tend to use bully tactics - I definitely feel insecure in the little Jimny. :angry:

we never have any respect problems on the road - may be something to do with the roll cage steel bumper and the dents and scratches down the sides :laugh:

More
01 Dec 2013 18:13 #94179 by helijohn

darthloachie wrote:
we never have any respect problems on the road - may be something to do with the roll cage steel bumper and the dents and scratches down the sides :laugh:

Yep, that would do it! :laugh: :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds