BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

jimny engine type advise

More
10 Sep 2013 18:07 #82781 by idiotmobil
pick up a jimny with blown engine today for a mate its a 2003 soft top single cam mines a 2001 soft top, on his the cranck sensor at front of sump dropped out the bottom losing all the oil, looked on mine and theres no sensor every thing else looks the same are there two types of single cam engine used in the soft top, i hurd the hard tops differnt in some way, just need some advise before looking for a engine for his

JIMNYLESS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2013 18:12 #82782 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic jimny engine type advise
Yes there are two versions of the g13b engine. Yours may have had a hardtop jimny engine fitted inc ecu etc. The one in the 2003 will have 2 teeth on the back of the cam yours will have 11.

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

More
10 Sep 2013 18:17 #82783 by idiotmobil
Replied by idiotmobil on topic jimny engine type advise
so the hard top got no crank sensor and will fit mine im a bit happyer if i have to find a engine then is there anyway of telling (engine numbers, ecu numbers) his has got the origanal engine for sure one owner from new except my friend now, im guessing its iver a origanal enigne for his or a full enigne and ecu change does the loom need changing to wouldnt it be easyer to find a double cam engine and fit one as theres alot more about

JIMNYLESS

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Sep 2013 18:23 #82785 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic jimny engine type advise
Cheapest option mite be a rebore crank grind and rebuild providing it aint got a rod hanging out the side of the block

More
10 Sep 2013 18:29 #82787 by idiotmobil
Replied by idiotmobil on topic jimny engine type advise
seams to have lost compresson for some reason (rings head gasket ?) 90psi on number one about 20psi on two about 30psi on three and around 80psi on four i told him to just rebuild it but hes waiting on a call to go for heart surgury so doesnt want anything to heavy dont know y he got it in the first place really i wish i had the time to stick a diesel in mine and he could have my motor as he want to stay standered ish maybe tempted when you have these kits done dave cc

JIMNYLESS

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Sep 2013 21:41 #82804 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic jimny engine type advise
1/2 way doing kit for Page mate machining his flywheel this evening have all the plates and parts in stock just making them up as people want them about a 2 week lead time is what i am aiming for :)

• Psmudge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Nov 2018 20:40 #197310 by Psmudge
Replied by Psmudge on topic jimny engine type advise
Hi I have a 04 soft top had rac out as there was suddenly a bang bang bang said it’s con rod gone, what’s my best option thanks phil

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Nov 2018 05:22 #197314 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic jimny engine type advise
There will be two options that are simple, first like for like swap very easy or second 1.6 swap also easy but a few bits to transfer between the old and the replacement motor. Both are well documented here and in the wiki section and both are cheaper than a rebuild of the existing.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Psmudge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2018 19:37 #197403 by Psmudge
Replied by Psmudge on topic jimny engine type advise
Thanks for the reply I thing straight swop for me, is it true hard top and soft have slightly different engines

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds