BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Air conditioning

• dorianmicallef
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Aug 2013 12:48 #81591 by dorianmicallef
Air conditioning was created by dorianmicallef
So I got a 03 jimny and would like to install an air condition into it. I'm going over to see an a/c kit tomorrow, what are the thing I need.

Compressor
Pipes
Radiator + fans
Under dash unit
Wiring??

Am I missing anything?

How hard is the installation??

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dorianmicallef
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Sep 2013 16:57 #81816 by dorianmicallef
Replied by dorianmicallef on topic Re:Air conditioning
Has anyone done this installation??

• steffan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Sep 2013 17:49 #81827 by steffan
Replied by steffan on topic Re:Air conditioning
I thought about it but then found a little button on my right hand side witch I find works ok

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Sep 2013 18:11 #81829 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Re:Air conditioning

steffan wrote: I thought about it but then found a little button on my right hand side witch I find works ok

Funny you should say that.
I took two of my grandchildren out for the day on Friday, after a visit to 'Caen Locks' we got back to the Jimny started driving & I was asked 'can we have the A/C on please'.

I opened both windows with a slight of hand, we all fell about laughing, well not literally, love the things kids say sometimes ........... :laugh:

More
01 Sep 2013 18:27 - 01 Sep 2013 18:29 #81831 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re:Air conditioning
Just get a soft top and you will get all the fresh air you need ;) and a nice SUNBURNT head if you got no hair like me :blush:

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Sep 2013 18:29 by dirtydogz.

More
02 Sep 2013 21:57 #81943 by kevant
Replied by kevant on topic Re:Air conditioning
i bought full original suzuki aircon kit off ebay about 2 years ago and it has been the best mod i have ever done i never have a problem with misted up windows and its excellent in the hot weather it took me just a couple of afternoons to install and was a very easy job to do with the instruction manual that came with my kit i could not go wrong.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Sep 2013 22:06 #81946 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Re:Air conditioning
On my none air con jimny there is a small cover panel on the heater control paneling that has a multi plug cliped to the rear mine is a 2000reg dont know if it the same i should think all the wiring should be there may have to plug relays and fues i etc to power the system up

• Dawson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2013 15:14 #82032 by Dawson
Replied by Dawson on topic Re:Air conditioning

kevant wrote: ... took me just a couple of afternoons to install and was a very easy job to do with the instruction manual that came with my kit...

kevant, do you still have the instruction manual that came with the kit? If so I'm wondering if scanning and uploading it somewhere might help those of us interested in adding A/C (I'm pondering it myself!) as I'm guessing it would mention (directly or indirectly) all of the bits that are needed.

Happy to help with scanning (and posting back to the owner) if anyone does have the instructions knocking around...

• barnes
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2013 15:49 - 03 Sep 2013 15:51 #82037 by barnes
Replied by barnes on topic Re:Air conditioning
Are you planning on getting a engineer to come and pressure test and evacuate the system before recharging with refrigerant?
Last edit: 03 Sep 2013 15:51 by barnes.

More
03 Sep 2013 20:56 #82071 by kevant
Replied by kevant on topic Re:Air conditioning
i have the instruction manual somewhere and if im not mistaken i already scanned it but im on my hols at the mo and i will look for it for you when i get home but i can assure you we wont be able to publish it on here copyrights etc. martin has already said something about workshop manuals but i will pm you when i get home and i could send the manual to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawson

• Dawson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2013 21:28 #82075 by Dawson
Replied by Dawson on topic Re:Air conditioning
Gah yes, had forgot about copyright and all that jazz...

Would certainly be interested in a PM with some info about the scans if you have them, thanks.

Enjoy the rest of your your hols!

More
03 Sep 2013 22:25 #82084 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Re:Air conditioning

kevant wrote: i bought full original suzuki aircon kit off ebay about 2 years ago and it has been the best mod i have ever done i never have a problem with misted up windows and its excellent in the hot weather it took me just a couple of afternoons to install and was a very easy job to do with the instruction manual that came with my kit i could not go wrong.

My motor came with it and it is excellent but I don't think I'd fit it if it didn't have it. A sunroof would be a nice alternative though.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds