BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

SJ transfer box into Jimny

• Jimny J
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2013 00:35 #65026 by Jimny J
SJ transfer box into Jimny was created by Jimny J
Evening all.

I recently fitted some 235/75/15's and im keen to replace the original Jimny transfer box for something a bit stronger. Is there a particular SJ box that is recommended?

I believe their are 2 options, but not too sure which would be the best. A friend has a few laying around, so sourcing it wont be a problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rajsuzuki
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2013 11:38 #65043 by rajsuzuki
Replied by rajsuzuki on topic SJ transfer box into Jimny
If your going to change transfer box make sure it's the 410 not the 413 you will get better low down control and won't go through you clutch .....

There like hens teeth to get a hold of ....

• Jimny J
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2013 12:36 #65047 by Jimny J
Replied by Jimny J on topic SJ transfer box into Jimny
Out of interest, are there any other transfer box options?

More
09 Mar 2013 14:18 #65057 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic SJ transfer box into Jimny
When you change the Jimny Transfer Case for an SJ one you'll need custom propshaft to rear axle.

As said the SJ410 is a little lower than the SJ413 but if you're going that way, then contact Redacted or Rob Storr (www.rs-mfg.co.uk) and get what everybody now calls a RockLobster. Its really just a really Low Box.

I have a Rob Storr 6:1 Low Box with a 2-Low kit (means you can be in Low box with just rear wheel drive) - awesome piece of kit, but you'll need to go see the Bank Manager first, as good Low boxes don't come cheap... And with Redacted or Rob Storr boxes, you'll still need a customer rear propshaft!!

Good Luck,
Brett

Jalapeño, IISY?

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds