BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Fog Lights for a 54plate.

• lukeyblunt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Sep 2010 19:12 - 29 Sep 2010 19:14 #4886 by lukeyblunt
Fog Lights for a 54plate. was created by lukeyblunt
Hi All..
I have a 54plate Jimny which is currently being driven by my (less enthusiastic) Father.
I've been looking at fog lights to replace the fake circular grills below the headlights (on a stock bumper).
I've seen a few around ebay and halfords, but i'm not sure what dimensions, voltages etc will be compatible.
Also.. where do i wire them into ?
Many thanks,
Luke B

ps- is there such thing a nobbly tyres which are the same rolling size as standard..? :dry:
Last edit: 29 Sep 2010 19:14 by lukeyblunt. Reason: additional image

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2010 21:01 #4888 by mcjimny
I'd say look out on ebay for a jimny being broken and get all you need off that ie relay, switch and lights. Especially if you want it to look "factory". I'm not sure if the wiring is in place like some other manufacturers, some have the wiring in place behind the dash blank and the bumper then all you need is the bits to plug in.

As for tyres, i struggled to find anything in the standard size. The closest i could get (for sensible money) were the Grabber AT's at 205/75/15. IIRC BFG do some in the same size but of course carry the premium

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

• Nelson83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Sep 2010 14:14 #4899 by Nelson83
Replied by Nelson83 on topic Re:Fog Lights for a 54plate.
Mines bog standard in terms of drive train and running gear and the likes, but i've got the Generals on it. They cost about 75 notes a corner from my local tyre fitter at the time, but they have lasted really well approx 30k in just shy of 2 years, mainly road and motorway driving. I did look at BFGs but the cost put me off. For a mid range price tyre, I'll be going for them again.

In terms of off road performance, they're fine for green laning etc, nowt too extreme. Xmas 2009 saw me trundling round the byways on salsibury plain with my mate in his heavily modded and lifted fourtrack - everywhere that went, mine went, however he was shocked when he asked at one point if i was in 4L and i pointed out i was still in 2WD :P

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds