BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

some info on 3" lift kit and brake line extensions

• chasemejj
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2013 13:46 #63164 by chasemejj
I recently got a 3in lift kit and brake line extension for my Jimny

I consider myself a parts changer but not a mechanic, I have looked all over the website trying to find out info on where to put the brake line extensions without any luck. I have know idea where they go. I have attached pix of what I recently purchased. I am in Okinawa, Japan so I got the kit from mainland. it didn't come with any instructions. So I have a couple of questions I haven't had any luck finding.

Where do the brake line extensions go?

Where do I put the camber correction bushings?

Which panhard rods replacement?

Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dan_w
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2013 14:44 #63168 by Dan_w
Hi there, you will need to remove the existing flexy brake pipes where they connect to the calliper and body and replace them wi the new longer ones. Note you will need to replace the brake fluid after and bleed the system also.

• JivingDaddy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2013 16:02 #63178 by JivingDaddy
Replied by JivingDaddy on topic some info on 3" lift kit and brake line extensions
The CO had better not see these pics. She'll be after me to fit them just because they match the colour of her Jimny. Speechless.

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2013 16:17 #63181 by adamjimny
very nice....adjustable dampers

• chasemejj
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2013 22:21 #63284 by chasemejj
which line will go to the different calipers, and what about the back drums?

Yeah I know I will have to add more brake fluid and I always hated bleeding brakes, my brother usually did it.

yeah the kit was right at $600 delivered, I wasn't able to find any shocks around here for under $250 a piece.

More
20 Feb 2013 04:52 #63300 by maverick
IIRC you don't need extended hoses on rears ... oh and personally I would order some Braided Brake Hoses from BigJimny as your look to be see-through plastic pipe.

www.bigjimny.com/store/index.php/off-roa...hose-sets/p_122.html

Braided Brake Hoses are worth every penny, I know as non-braided ones wear out, just when you dont want them too!

As to bleeding brake on a Jimny - easy peasy ... IIRC you only need to do it on one wheel one one axle as the system is 'clever' ... dont bother with any smart slef bleeder, just a mate to pump the BRAKE PEDAL(i put this in bold as when i got my wife to do the pumping, she was pressing the clutch - i couldnt work out for about 10mins why no brake fluid was coming out - i could hear her moving the pedal ... it wasnt until i wen to see her doing it and said Why the fk are you pumping the clutch -- one embarassed wifey!!) ...

Jalapeño, IISY?

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds