BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Not Another Death Wobble Thread!

More
20 Feb 2013 05:03 - 20 Feb 2013 13:40 #63301 by maverick
fixing DW ... i think its easier to find Black Holes in outer space.

I run 16" GV Steel Rims and 16x205x75 nobbly tyres ...

Make sure everything is tight, panhard bushes are not loose or worn out, same goes for Shocker bushes and Radius Arms, and fit new Tie Rod ends (Martin sells Suzuki ones - well worth the money, make sure Gearbox and engine mounts are good and secure, Steeing linkage is tight, and if you still have your ARB fitted is that secure bushes good, ann your Tranfer Case are mounts good.

Every tyre place I've ever been to with my nobbly tyres just laugh in my face when i ask to hav my wheels/tyres balanced ... i say, "just do your bet" .... but after each off-road trip the DW gets worse, as bits of tyre falls/wears off, or heck there's even blobs of mud on the inside of a rim even this can cause the wheel to be imbalanced.

Me - i just accept that i will hve 'some' DW and live with it ... I know every component i list above it correct, secure and buhes get looked at after EVER trip - so i wont have any unexpected failure and 'just live with my DW'

Good luck sorting yous!

Jalapeño, IISY?
Last edit: 20 Feb 2013 13:40 by maverick. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2013 12:40 #63331 by mcjimny
What about the copper washers? Has anyone ever had success with those?

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

• Licksan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2013 18:52 #63385 by Licksan
Replied by Licksan on topic Not Another Death Wobble Thread!
Not really prepared to live with it!

I can't believe Suzuki can get away with it. Never had such problems with my Samurai!

Got 4 new rod ends to fit this weekend. Not holding out much hope but its one more thing ticked off!

Anyone got or used one of these? bit.ly/10yaMPV seems a fair price considering I have almost spent this on alignment and balancing to date!

The copper washers weren't in stock when I replaced the king pin bearings so I used the shim kit instead.

• Licksan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2013 16:27 - 24 Feb 2013 19:20 #63855 by Licksan
Replied by Licksan on topic Not Another Death Wobble Thread!
4 new rod ends fitted and all is gravy with my steering. :lol:

Really happy it's tight and the wobble has gone completely!!

Till next time at least!! :whistle:

For those interested I fitted FAI rod ends which were less than £10 each and look comparable if not slightly beefier than the parts removed which I assume were OEM ones as my Jim has only done 40k.

Part Numbers.

RH - SS6291
LH - SS6292
Last edit: 24 Feb 2013 19:20 by Licksan.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds