BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Starter motor

More
06 Feb 2013 10:43 - 06 Feb 2013 10:44 #61083 by 2013gary
Starter motor was created by 2013gary
Hi everyone,
I am in need of a new starter motor as I'm getting wet and muddy crawling underneath to tap it with a hammer. Are the Jimny starter motors all the same? I'm probably going to get one off of eBay and don't want to be stuck with one that doesn't fit. I have a 2000 JLX hardtop with the SOHC engine if that helps.

Gary
Last edit: 06 Feb 2013 10:44 by 2013gary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2013 12:24 #61090 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Starter motor
You could contact Camsuzuki and ask them. They are likely to have what you want and will know which is the right one.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2013 13:22 #61101 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Starter motor
you will need 1 from a sohc as the dohc starter is differant

vitara & sj 1.3 use same starters as the sohc jimny

More
08 Feb 2013 10:25 #61446 by 2013gary
Replied by 2013gary on topic Starter motor
Thanks both for the help - I called Cam Suzuki and should have a replacement today.

Gary

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds