BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Confirming the 4wd is working

• JimBru
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Sep 2010 14:44 #4676 by JimBru
Replied by JimBru on topic Re:Confirming the 4wd is working
John, I think I know what your saying.

When I jacked the Jimny up the wheel did rotate with no friction at all, not sure if this is right or not, but i removed the hub and could easily rotate the shaft (both sides) thats what was making me think the front diff might be broken.

But if there is a fault on the vacum and niether hub has pulled in am i right in thinking that the shafts would still turn freely through the diff??

Or when in 4wd does the front prop lock the diff which then locks the shafts so should only turn when the prop turns?

Hope that makes sense, i'm starting to confuse myself here..

tell me to bugger off if you's like :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JimBru
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Sep 2010 14:46 - 16 Sep 2010 14:48 #4677 by JimBru
Replied by JimBru on topic Re:Confirming the 4wd is working
I think i just wrote what Martin did but in a longwinded kind of way lol

Also is fault finding Viii missing for the guide or part regarding the locked hub :)
Last edit: 16 Sep 2010 14:48 by JimBru.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds