BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny EGR valve

• zuki andy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2012 23:51 #44704 by zuki andy
Replied by zuki andy on topic Re: Jimny EGR valve
Have you used the jimny exhaust manifold?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 247sniper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jul 2012 08:43 #44708 by 247sniper
Replied by 247sniper on topic Re: Jimny EGR valve
Idle air control vale ?????Check/clean operation of that.

Steve.

• Dave c
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jul 2012 16:36 #44727 by Dave c
Replied by Dave c on topic Re: Jimny EGR valve
Yes i have got the jimny exhaust manifold on the engine

• 247sniper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jul 2012 21:01 #44740 by 247sniper
Replied by 247sniper on topic Re: Jimny EGR valve
And what about the IAC valve?

• Dizzy37
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2018 12:20 - 16 Apr 2018 14:00 #191749 by Dizzy37
Replied by Dizzy37 on topic Jimny EGR valve
Hi Folks
Newbie here so don't shoot me!
Had my '03 Jimny for a couple of weeks now with the hope of doing some greenlaning but I have had a problem with a sticky EGR valve runs ok for a few days then the EML light comes on. Had the EML reset and the EGR unstuck however this has not worked and the mechanic has suggested replacing the valve. I love youtube and have managed to do repairs on other vehicles and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty infact I enjoy it.

Ordered a replacement valve but when the mechanic says it down deep and it's going to take effort to get to it I see £ signs floating around his head so my question is (no manual yet) where is it, after some research I know what it looks like, I know what it does and what it joins up to etc. just not where it's situated. Can anyone point me in the right direction
Thanks
Diane
Last edit: 16 Apr 2018 14:00 by Dizzy37.

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2018 09:15 #191789 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Jimny EGR valve
Would have been better to start your own thread instead of hi-jacking an old one. What engine is in the car?

• Dizzy37
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2018 17:07 - 17 Apr 2018 17:09 #191821 by Dizzy37
Replied by Dizzy37 on topic Jimny EGR valve
Oops sorry Mick thought this was better as it was the same subject.

It's an '03 1.3 petrol Jimny soft top JLX O2. I've found out it's just to the right of the battery to the rear of the engine bay. I've been kindly given a service manual so going to attempt at the weekend.. Do you know if you have to spray/lubricate before you refit as manual doesn't mention
Last edit: 17 Apr 2018 17:09 by Dizzy37.

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2018 17:41 #191827 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Jimny EGR valve
A lot of members see the start date and don't bother reading what can be a long drawn out saga is why it is best to start a new one. You can always mention the fact that you have read the history. Anyway the reason I was asking is I was using my disc to check where they are . But you seem to be on top of it so best of luck. I don't think there is anything to lubricate. Nice and clean and dry is what it needs.

• Kabani
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Dec 2018 02:54 - 05 Dec 2018 02:55 #198658 by Kabani
Replied by Kabani on topic Jimny EGR valve
I have the M13a engine, non vvt.
A hundred km ago I decided to blank the egr. Easy Custom job. Done with house tools. The hardest is to bolt and unbolt the line behind the engine that goes to the throttle body.
I still haven't got the checkengine light. Throttle response improved, I might say there's a noticeable performance gain in low range rpm. I'd like to believe an engine this small will not deliver bad emission results but I'll tell that later in a month when I take my jimny to emission tests.
Regarding Fuel economy I perceive also improvement. Usually the fuel needle is a bit down from where it is right now, given the distance driven.
I'll update more results in a month.
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Dec 2018 02:55 by Kabani.

More
09 Dec 2018 20:42 #198816 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic Jimny EGR valve
EGR boosts low and mid range performance and economy by part filling the cylinder with spent gasses - that improves the effective compression ratio and also reduces pumping losses. It has no effect on peak power because its not active under heavy loads. If you are seeing an improvement then you must have had a fault.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

• Kabani
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Dec 2018 19:30 #199165 by Kabani
Replied by Kabani on topic Jimny EGR valve
I also believe it has a fault. Maybe it is unable to fully close.. I'm gonna clean it..and the throttle body as well.
I cleaned the throttle body almost two years ago. Back then I didnt know about the existence of the egr. I didn't understand why the throttle body was so dirty.
After the first fuel fill up I got better city mileage. Im gonna keep the egr blanked until i'm ready for cleaning the whole thing.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds