BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Front Locker

More
29 Aug 2010 11:44 #4432 by Asbojimny
Front Locker was created by Asbojimny
Anyone know who does em for the jimny?

I know ARB but do other places do em? Is it advisable to ffit a lockrite to the front?

Cheers.

scottishmudclub.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2010 17:38 #4447 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Front Locker
I hear that KAM are looking to bring one out later this year.

They will also be bringing out hardened front shafts and CV's which undoubtedlt will be cheaper than those available from Rob Storr or D+G at the moment - who I believe are the only people selling them now!

So it might be worth calling them and aiting for theirs to come out.

I read you are running 235/85/16's and a rocklobster and I imagine a rear locker?

With a front locker aswell your Jimny must be unstoppable!!!

You've got me dreaming now!!!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
31 Aug 2010 19:06 #4455 by Asbojimny
Replied by Asbojimny on topic Re:Front Locker
We've got a lockrite on the back. Also we've got an SJ with landcruiser 70 axles. Rocklobster and 36 inch types but thinking of selling it to help fund pimp the Jimny more :) A front locker would be money well spent me thinks. Looked at d and g shafts and cv's 450 euro's each!! Oh my.

scottishmudclub.com

More
01 Sep 2010 05:12 #4458 by Jamie
Replied by Jamie on topic Re:Front Locker
You can get your STD shafts and cv's treated!!!!
Can't remember what they call it,
I think they freeze them in nitrogen or something!!!
Jamie

More
01 Sep 2010 06:52 #4460 by Asbojimny
Replied by Asbojimny on topic Re:Front Locker
Is it cryogenic type of idea. Er... Not freezing body's and bringing em back to life. :)

scottishmudclub.com

More
01 Sep 2010 08:57 #4464 by Jamie
Replied by Jamie on topic Re:Front Locker
Asbojimny wrote:

Is it cryogenic type of idea. Er... Not freezing body's and bringing em back to life. :)

Yeah, something like that!! There was a write up in tor
A while ago about it, someone on here will probably know all about it, really good idea though and a lot cheaper!!!!

More
01 Sep 2010 10:58 #4467 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Front Locker
I read a post on shropshire Suzuki about it and Redacted explained it too but it's expensive so you might aswell buy the stuff already hardened.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds