Search (23 Feb 2018)

A trial enhanced search facility has been enabled. Please use the Google Custom Search above.

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Powerful Jimny Engine Swaps

More
21 Sep 2018 15:37 #196183 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Powerful Jimny Engine Swaps
I'm currently amassing a collection of bits to wedge a 1uzfe engine and gearbox into mine. Not a race engine by any means but an unopened one can be turbocharged to about 500 hurspurs and with suitable internals a thousand hurspurs is allegedly possible. Not that I will be turbocharging mine, at least not straight away. The main thing is that I stand to treble my current hurspurs for an additional 100ish kg which seems quite reasonable to me.

It's not a Jimny. It's my Jimny

Mooo said Ermintrude (black)
Boing said Zebedee (blue)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2018 16:55 #196188 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Powerful Jimny Engine Swaps

RaggiJimny wrote: Hi,
I just bougth a manual 2010 Suzuki Jimny and my friend offered me a 1991 Ford Ranger 4.0l V6 engine but I´m not sure if it fits. Does anyone know about any powrfull engine swaps besides the M16A, M18A and G13B engies.
Ps. I prefer the V6 engines.

Thanks.
Ragnar

I would think the biggest issue might be the emissions when it comes to MOT time there. I think a while ago there was someone from South America posting about fitting a Chevy V6 into a jimny. Dont know if it ever got finished tho!

The vitara V6 is fairly common as mentioned, but its pretty heavy cast iron block compared to the M13/16/18 series. Depends what you want really. If its got to be V6 how about something from lexus with a convenient rear drive gearbox to match?

J999 MNY, M16 VVT, R7me gbox & Rocklobster,
31x10.5r15 Cooper STT, 2x ARB Lockd' 3.9 diffs & twin compressor,
6.5" total lift, Zookbob HD steering shock, Ignis recaro's
Custom bar & arches, rocksliders & guards,
Snorkel, K&N, 13500lb Winchmax, Buzzweld, etc, etc

Plus ULYSSES (06' trayback project)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds