BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Powerful Jimny Engine Swaps

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Sep 2018 15:37 #196183 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Powerful Jimny Engine Swaps
I'm currently amassing a collection of bits to wedge a 1uzfe engine and gearbox into mine. Not a race engine by any means but an unopened one can be turbocharged to about 500 hurspurs and with suitable internals a thousand hurspurs is allegedly possible. Not that I will be turbocharging mine, at least not straight away. The main thing is that I stand to treble my current hurspurs for an additional 100ish kg which seems quite reasonable to me.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
21 Sep 2018 16:55 #196188 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Powerful Jimny Engine Swaps

RaggiJimny wrote: Hi,
I just bougth a manual 2010 Suzuki Jimny and my friend offered me a 1991 Ford Ranger 4.0l V6 engine but I´m not sure if it fits. Does anyone know about any powrfull engine swaps besides the M16A, M18A and G13B engies.
Ps. I prefer the V6 engines.

Thanks.
Ragnar

I would think the biggest issue might be the emissions when it comes to MOT time there. I think a while ago there was someone from South America posting about fitting a Chevy V6 into a jimny. Dont know if it ever got finished tho!

The vitara V6 is fairly common as mentioned, but its pretty heavy cast iron block compared to the M13/16/18 series. Depends what you want really. If its got to be V6 how about something from lexus with a convenient rear drive gearbox to match?

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• sealine150
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jun 2020 20:08 #223960 by sealine150
Replied by sealine150 on topic Re: Powerful Jimny Engine Swaps
where can i found a m18 intake?

More
24 Jun 2020 22:19 #223965 by jackonlyjack

More
25 Jun 2020 02:49 - 25 Jun 2020 03:07 #223968 by Rabid Rhino
US guys love the Suzuki Aerio 2.3l I4. It's a G series engine with about 140hp that fits the samurai or Vitara gearbox.

Sean Devinney of AfterMarket 4x4 swears by them and fits them whenever he gets them in but can ship.

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.
Last edit: 25 Jun 2020 03:07 by Rabid Rhino.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds