BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Buzzy Snare Sound

More
28 May 2012 17:31 #41292 by Halford
Buzzy Snare Sound was created by Halford
Just started .... buzzy snare type sound happening more and more, mainly at around 3000 rpm when taking boot of accelerator ... sounds like it's under my seat (exterior obviously).

any ideas

will be checking it out on Wednesday, just wondered if anyone had experienced it before.

:unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 May 2012 17:54 #41295 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Re: Buzzy Snare Sound
probably the exhaust heat shelds neat the cat use a jubilee clip if the clamps are broken

• Dutchjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 May 2012 20:11 #41311 by Dutchjimny
Replied by Dutchjimny on topic Re: Buzzy Snare Sound
Im noticing the same since ive installed my replacement air filer.. my CAT heatshield is long gone so that aint the problem

More
29 May 2012 04:16 #41333 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Re: Buzzy Snare Sound
that did cross my mind - the coiled wires on the K&N's is a bit like a snare drum setup :huh:
will check it out wed and give some feedback
;)

More
29 May 2012 06:33 #41335 by robs5230
Replied by robs5230 on topic Re: Buzzy Snare Sound
i have this sound intermittently . it has been suggested on a recent post that the dust shield behind the brake discs may be catching the disc. like i said it happens on mine intermittently and only for a short while, generally going over a bump in the road stops it. ?????????????

standard jimny - for now
The following user(s) said Thank You: Halford

• goatboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2012 10:54 #41348 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic Re: Buzzy Snare Sound
sounds like heat shields on the exhaust to me. If its a suzuki exhaust it has heat shields on the Cat, centre section and back box (back box is like a plate on the top so hard to see with the exhaust on).

All of which can rattle and be quite buzzy at the right revs, I know because they have all rattled on my car....

More
30 May 2012 15:25 #41425 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Re: Buzzy Snare Sound
Thanks guys ;)

problem solved .. it was the heat shield on the cat, took some getting off though ... much grinding of seized bolts and tin snipping :blink:

liking the Jimny again :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds