BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gear issue with Jimny

More
09 Feb 2009 07:21 #370 by zerez
Gear issue with Jimny was created by zerez
The transfer of the gear in my 2002 Jimny is not soft, after changing the clutch and clutch cable the transfer is much better but the problem was not completely solved.
The main problem is transferring to the second gear after few hours of parking.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2009 16:31 #371 by andyw
Replied by andyw on topic Re:Gear issue with Jimny
Hi,

You could try adjusting your clutch again ?, or possible gear shift trouble, some time ago Suzuki had a " call in " for a bolt working loose somewhere near the gearstick, could be that.

Let us know the out come please;)

Andy;)

More
11 Feb 2009 20:59 #374 by zerez
Replied by zerez on topic Re:Gear issue with Jimny
I have visited the mechanic today, he re-adjusted the clutch and changed the gear oil.
It doesn't seem to me that the problem is completely solved.
I will also verify the gear shift lever (I believe that this is what you referred as "gear stick") and the rear gear shift control, if this will not solved the problem it may be that something is broken in the gear :ohmy:
:ohmy: :huh:

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds