BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

baleno injectors on jimny engine

More
26 Mar 2012 18:03 #36407 by jonplace
has anyone tried, or read about trying the baleno injectors (green ones) on a jimny engine ?
i've been given a set of green injectors which i appear to be a straight swap fitment ?

i know a couple of people who have replaced jimny engines with baleno engines, the baleno engine runs fine on a standard jimny ecu without any map changes ?
so was wondering about injector changing ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zuki andy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2012 09:54 #36435 by zuki andy
Replied by zuki andy on topic Re: baleno injectors on jimny engine
The green injectors are longer than the orange ones. They will fit to the jimny inlet manifold if you use the fuel rail off the baleno, and then modify the black plastic wheel that the throttle cable goes round as it catches on the fuel rail.
Dont know what a 1.3 would run like on green injectors though. A 1.6 on orange injectors runs like a pig, felt slower than a 1.3

More
27 Mar 2012 13:45 #36454 by jonplace
i've got the whole intake, rail, injectors etc from a baleno
i'm going to try it.
I'm hoping they will flow more fuel for the same injection period and help with low down torque
not sure what the other sensors will make of it or whether it will just run rich

a baleno engine on a standard jimny ecu has much better pick up and runs well

More
27 Mar 2012 18:29 #36472 by jonplace
Well i tried the baleno injectors tonight and made no difference at all to performance at any rev range, car ran the same so in the end i aired on the side of caution and put the original stock ones back in.

I’m not sure if there are different baleno injectors but the green ones I had were identical in size to the jimny orange ones. It was a straight swap using the existing fuel rail. Easy job. spanish jimny btw.
If i could get the ecu settings alertered (remapped) we may be able to take into consideration the new injectors and adjust the parameters but mapping doesn’t come cheap :(
Looks like a full baleno or grand vit engine conversion is still the way to go but with only 40k on the clock i'm reluctant to get rid just yet......

• zuki andy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2012 20:22 #36478 by zuki andy
Replied by zuki andy on topic Re: baleno injectors on jimny engine
Another difference between Spanish and Japanese built jimnys then.

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 May 2014 10:10 #114305 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re: baleno injectors on jimny engine
old thread iknow, but anybody have the Serial number on the green injectors? ia the original red ones are Denso 3260.. it's written on the injector in small writing. or someone has for sale?

More
06 May 2014 11:43 #114306 by Rhinoman
There is no point in running bigger injectors on a stock engine, the ECU will bring the injector pulse width down using the feedback from the O2 sensor, if the fuel trims don't have enough range then it will just run pig rich. The stock injectors have enough overhead to cope with some tuning, the 1.6 injectors are required with the 1.6 engine because it has a different torque curve and you need to 'cheat' the ECU a little because the mapping is wrong.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 May 2014 14:23 #114312 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:baleno injectors on jimny engine
Im running a g16b in my jimny, and later on putting a turbo in with piggyback.

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 May 2014 11:09 #114362 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:baleno injectors on jimny engine
Found it, denso 3290

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 May 2014 12:08 #114370 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Re: baleno injectors on jimny engine

Rhinoman wrote: There is no point in running bigger injectors on a stock engine, the ECU will bring the injector pulse width down using the feedback from the O2 sensor, if the fuel trims don't have enough range then it will just run pig rich. The stock injectors have enough overhead to cope with some tuning, the 1.6 injectors are required with the 1.6 engine because it has a different torque curve and you need to 'cheat' the ECU a little because the mapping is wrong.

+ 1 don't waste your time

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds