BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

why does my engine cut out?

More
18 Apr 2012 19:34 #37935 by j999pre
You only have a Cam sensor then. Its on the back of the cam cover at the top of the engine. An electrical plug and an earth lead should be on it. Its held in with a 10mm bolt.

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dutchjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2012 20:07 #37955 by Dutchjimny
Replied by Dutchjimny on topic Re: why does my engine cut out?
Can i test it with a meter? how many resistance should it have?

More
18 Apr 2012 21:26 #37968 by j999pre
Next time it cuts out cool it with some water. If it starts then you know its that.

Other thing to consider is a blocked breather or petrol cap. When it cuts out remove the cap, if there is a big vacuum this could be the problem.

Best of luck.

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2012 21:50 #37971 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Re: why does my engine cut out?
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThis is link to the cam angle sensor for G13BB engine, on Ebay. Very cheap and easy to replace.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds