BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Anti Roll Bar Disconnects

More
05 Jan 2012 19:31 #30080 by supergaz
Following recent discussions regarding Anti roll bars, that bit of scrap metal that was thrown out years ago! has anyone considered re-fitting one to a highly lifted jimny?

I know there is a supplier abroad of Disconnect Anti roll bars. But has any of our UK jimny parts suppliers considered producing a quick disconnect bar?
Maybe modding a standard bar on exchange basis with a sleeve and pin set-up?
Or producing a whole new bar?
I know this would be an easy mod for those with the skills and means to make their own, but not all of us can or be bothered to make one, and buying one off the shelf would be a good solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bluejimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jan 2012 19:53 #30081 by bluejimny
Replied by bluejimny on topic Re: Anti Roll Bar Disconnects
kind off, its on the to do list hopefully this year :huh: got that much other stuff to do first! hopefully fix the jimny from the last outing :angry: :angry:

More
05 Jan 2012 20:05 #30085 by supergaz
Nice time off Rus?

Fancy fixing mine? Got stuff still to fit from you! Now got a big heap from ORA. Big mountain of parts to fit!
Not even put the jimny on the road in over 12 months, just trailered it to1 play day.
Even after passing the MOT in November its still off the road, I think the MOT man didn't even looked at my jimny, the rear diff and rear prop was completely shot.

More
05 Jan 2012 22:19 #30099 by facade

supergaz wrote: I think the MOT man didn't even looked at my jimny, the rear diff and rear prop was completely shot.

They are not testable items. He doesn't have to waste time looking at them.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• suzuki jimny fella
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jan 2012 22:59 #30105 by suzuki jimny fella
Replied by suzuki jimny fella on topic Re: Anti Roll Bar Disconnects
i have put mine back on to day with poly bushes thanks to bits 4 vits and will mod it so it can be disconected for payandplays lol will put up pics when its done guys

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jan 2012 07:47 #30119 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Anti Roll Bar Disconnects

bluejimny wrote: kind off, its on the to do list hopefully this year :huh: got that much other stuff to do first! hopefully fix the jimny from the last outing :angry: :angry:

what from Silverdale!! - have you got your prototype hd halfshafts and CVs yet?

come on Rus - need someone to go Silverdale and Tickhill with!!

More
06 Jan 2012 13:17 #30147 by supergaz

darthloachie wrote:

bluejimny wrote: kind off, its on the to do list hopefully this year :huh: got that much other stuff to do first! hopefully fix the jimny from the last outing :angry: :angry:

I'll come once i've fixed mine! just about to go in my cave and make an attempt.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jan 2012 19:24 #30176 by darthloachie

supergaz wrote:

darthloachie wrote:

I'll come once i've fixed mine! just about to go in my cave and make an attempt.

cool :)

• X-Eng Simon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jan 2012 21:33 #30188 by X-Eng Simon
Replied by X-Eng Simon on topic Re: Anti Roll Bar Disconnects
It's on my to-do list. Need to get my truck drivable first.

As a first-off, I was just going to go down the pin-sleeve route as it's the simplest. If they sell, make something more like the Land Rover version which works really well except with solenoid lock/unlock. The solution to solenoid operation has been staring me in the face - but it was only this week that a design came together!

Si

• bluejimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jan 2012 22:17 #30191 by bluejimny
Replied by bluejimny on topic Re: Anti Roll Bar Disconnects

darthloachie wrote:

supergaz wrote:

darthloachie wrote:

a bit off topic

no i swaped the broken arms to my new ones, and went for an outing at the lake district as we had passes for gatescarth

halfway up the rear diff went, shearing all the teeth off, but then ive not had any time to fix it as jimnybits has been growing so fast

but i managed to get the rear diff out, swap for the new better ratio gears :) and drop back in,

thats it as ive got to do the front diff with matching ratio's

then refurb all 4 calipers

clean up and grease both props

hopefully this month as i will be getting my second unit which is next door so ill have all my workshop equipment in one place and will finally fix it!

then hopefully will get some shafts made to suit the larger Sami Trailgear CV's, then make a fitting kit to suit

well thats the plan!

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jan 2012 10:35 #30205 by darthloachie

bluejimny wrote:

darthloachie wrote:

supergaz wrote:

darthloachie wrote:

a bit off topic

no i swaped the broken arms to my new ones, and went for an outing at the lake district as we had passes for gatescarth

halfway up the rear diff went, shearing all the teeth off, but then ive not had any time to fix it as jimnybits has been growing so fast

but i managed to get the rear diff out, swap for the new better ratio gears :) and drop back in,

thats it as ive got to do the front diff with matching ratio's

then refurb all 4 calipers

clean up and grease both props

hopefully this month as i will be getting my second unit which is next door so ill have all my workshop equipment in one place and will finally fix it!

then hopefully will get some shafts made to suit the larger Sami Trailgear CV's, then make a fitting kit to suit

well thats the plan!

wow
not a lot to do then! :ohmy:

More
22 Jan 2012 19:06 - 22 Jan 2012 19:08 #31579 by supergaz
Just found a great jimny on the ORA forum with some great photos relating to this thread.

Is X-Eng Simon thinking of using vac or maunal hubs to engage/disengage disconnects?

www.ora-forum.com/t151-xenosch-jimny
Last edit: 22 Jan 2012 19:08 by supergaz.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds