BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Spotlight brackets

• coptleigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Mar 2010 20:50 #2973 by coptleigh
Spotlight brackets was created by coptleigh
Are there any kind of specific brackets for mounting a couple of spotlights to the front on my Jimny??
Cheers
Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2010 07:57 #2974 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re:Spotlight brackets
Ive seen spots mounted straight through the bumper to a plate sandwiched underneath. Not sure how successful this has been (prone to wabble / vibration) plus you have to drill the bumper.

Im not aware of any standard brackets out there in Jimny Land, you rprobably going to see if there is someone who can fabricate you a pair.

This kind of thing makes me wonder why there are no one cashing in on the jimny modifications market in a big way.
sure ORA offer a custom fabrication facility, but they never seem to return my calls or emails...

KAP also said they could custom Fabricate, but they are in Bradford, 130 miles away. Rino Ray is on the south coast, but Ive not had any dealings with him.

Might be another thing for Martin to considder ... spotlight brackets ...

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

More
31 Mar 2010 08:09 #2975 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Spotlight brackets
Part of the problem with things like this is that I don't have a standard Jimny to look at to come up with a design.

Then its forecasting how popular an item will be. I guess KAP/ORA are aiming at the high value, low volume items.

We have plans for a few items (such as a replacement "floor" for the boot to make a level load space) but the introduction of each one takes time. We just have the Panhard rods coming through and this started in January.

If someone could show how a spotlight bracket would fit a standard Jimny then we can make them

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
31 Mar 2010 08:18 - 31 Mar 2010 08:20 #2976 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re:Spotlight brackets
Ive just been out to look at the Jimny. I suppose the best place to locate such brackets would be the front cross member, and run them up and out below the bonnet. Only problem I could see was the length of the bracket may cause Wobble, and if you go too thick on the bracket, you could take the paint off the bonnet lower lip.

Another option would be to mount to the same mount points used to bold the bumper on.... let me go and measure clearances

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland
Last edit: 31 Mar 2010 08:20 by ooky_123.

• coptleigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Mar 2010 13:20 #2978 by coptleigh
Replied by coptleigh on topic Re:Spotlight brackets
Thanks for the replies dents, look forward to more info, in the meantime, I'll get my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with.
Cheers
Alan

More
31 Mar 2010 14:46 #2979 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic Re:Spotlight brackets
just stick them on with Sikaflex .. that keeps my mud-guards on!!

Of course, I was only joking - but i do recall seeing a Jimny with a mod on the bonnet - aka Rally-stlye!!

Jalapeño, IISY?

More
31 Mar 2010 16:40 #2980 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Re:Spotlight brackets
i had 2 spots mounted on the bonnet, just to each side of the suzuki badge, i ran the wires down the inside of the bonnet skin to a fused relay behind the battery.

• coptleigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2010 09:26 #3125 by coptleigh
Replied by coptleigh on topic Re:Spotlight brackets
Been having a look, and the front cross member, looks like a possibility, there is a gap in the plastics, where an alloy bracket could be fashioned, angle down towards the bumper, then braced on top of it, with a spacer and self tapped into the bumper to provide some rigidity, the bracket could then protrude on further with a mounting hole for the spots, looking at the minute for some alloy plate then will have a go at determining the angles etc and see what happens!!!
I alos saw on a Aussie website, a plate that fits behind the number plate, with a chrome bar, that comes from it, that enables you to fit spots, so another way to go in making something that would work,
Keep you posted!!
Alan

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds