BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Engine management light on

• Nelson83
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Dec 2011 15:47 #28238 by Nelson83
Engine management light on was created by Nelson83
Hi all,

Any ideas as to how to get rid of the engine management light/ solve the problem thats causing it to come on? It came on last night tanking it up the motorway - no symptoms of any problems, i replaced the crank and cam sensors 2 years ago and it had a new cat section and back box this summer and service - i did reuse the sensors in the cat tho :unsure:

Any ideas? Dont fancy it being off the road these next few weeks if it snows, it'll be a long cold walk to work in the morning at 1.30am :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jo king
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Dec 2011 15:58 #28241 by jo king
Replied by jo king on topic Re: Engine management light on
I ran a jimny for a long time with that light on and never had a problem. Have you had it connected to a diagnostic as that might help.

• suzuki jimny fella
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Dec 2011 16:55 #28248 by suzuki jimny fella
Replied by suzuki jimny fella on topic Re: Engine management light on
lambiter senser on manifoled mate carnt spell lol

More
15 Dec 2011 17:03 #28251 by kirkynut
You do really need to read the codes but I'm guessing at Lamda sensor too due to it running fine and the cat being newish.

There are two on the twin cam, one either side of the cat, not sure about the single cam. Both are the same on the twin cam.

You can get the light off by disconnecting the battery for over 30 seconds. Then see if it comes back on or if it was one of those things. You'll lose the code too by doing this but I guess if it's a problem it'll soon come back.

It shouldn't break down on you though, so no immediate rush. It just won't pass the MOT emmissions like it.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds