BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2-good tyresplus 2-partworns

• wanderinstar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Dec 2011 05:50 - 12 Dec 2011 05:51 #27952 by wanderinstar
2-good tyresplus 2-partworns was created by wanderinstar
Yesterday i was given the above Colways.My question is where do I fit them on the vehicle.Don't anyone say "on the hubs" :laugh:
Do I put the good tyres on the front to pull the vehicle over obstacles or on the rear to push over obstacles.
Alternative;y do I mix them on each axle, to avoid spring wind-up.The thinking being that with no centre diff there would be a differing rolling radius on each axle.
Ian.
Last edit: 12 Dec 2011 05:51 by wanderinstar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Dec 2011 08:03 #27958 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: 2-good tyresplus 2-partworns
I would put the good ones on the back to prevent lift off oversteer on the road
If you are in 4wd then the surface should be mud or snow - ie slippy so you shouldn't get wind up and better grip at the back to push

More
12 Dec 2011 08:32 #27963 by mcjimny
What tread are they? if they're the old colway mt's then they are the same pattern as technic trackers iirc. Just if you wanted to get some better ones to replace the part worns.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

More
12 Dec 2011 08:42 #27964 by supergaz
I've used the better ones on the front in the past and know they are well balanced, I've not tried it the other way around.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds