BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Wheel Arch Liners

• doncarlyon
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2011 08:55 #24501 by doncarlyon
Wheel Arch Liners was created by doncarlyon
What do people use as wheel arch liners when the arches have been chopped?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2011 14:11 #24537 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re: Wheel Arch Liners
I've nothing, Jimnys just going commando, Will need regular thorough powerwashing after playing though.

More
26 Oct 2011 15:52 #24551 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Re: Wheel Arch Liners
I used some unbreakable plastic sheeting, something like perspex (only because I had a big sheet!) I made a template and then cut the plastic to fit. I fixed it in place, and therefore its now removeable, with some 6mm rivnuts. I found that without them the mud and muck went everywhere!

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• trextr7monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2011 16:52 #24553 by trextr7monkey
Replied by trextr7monkey on topic Re: Wheel Arch Liners
We have made a variety of arch extensions using ABS- it contains some rubber in the material so is less likely to get damaged by flying stones and is the material of choice for dash boards and kick panels on a wide variety of transport cars, buses, trains, planes and cars.
Main attraction for DIY purposes is that it is easlily worked with normal tools and can be line bent over a hot wire to give a tight crease or can be rolled over the edge of a work top or pipe/ broom shank etc to give a smooth radius, once you have made your chosen profile it can be nipped and tucked to follow shape of wing etc. It can also be vac formed to make battery covers etc too
It should be possible to make a rear parcel shelf from it too.
hth
Mike

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds