BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

?loose wire.

• lucy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Oct 2011 09:40 #24206 by lucy
?loose wire. was created by lucy
Hi All. Hope your English meet went well. Great site! What do you think could be the problem when the tachometer spikes towards zero when Jimny go over some bumps? I have been told an intermittent problem like this is best when it finally breaks and not reading the codes, they would just have to drive around to work it out, if they can- Suzuki dealer. A good auto-electrician said they dont know much about suzukis. Being an uneducated Jimny owner, but an avid learner, I just wonder and keep driving the car, reading , visiting your site, talking to people, crawling under the car and opening the bonnet to just gaze in and ponder. I think it could be a simple explanation and need to take it to the good auto-electrician, and stop treating the car with kid gloves. I need the car to get to work, have had no real fun with it at the moment, but I still harbour its true potential for some fun. Any ideas? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dunkspeed
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Oct 2011 15:42 #24740 by Dunkspeed
Replied by Dunkspeed on topic Re: ?loose wire.
Leave the car idling with an assistant in the drivers seat.
While they watch, work round the engine bay gently pulling and wiggling the wiring. If the fault occurs, note your position and check the condition of the insulation and connectors either end.
Start with the larger wires, I.E. battery terminals and alternator. Probably just a loose wire or bad connection!

• martysmith
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Oct 2011 15:48 #24743 by martysmith
Replied by martysmith on topic Re: ?loose wire.
the speedo wire is just above gear box and close to 2nd o2 sensor ........mine was all corroded up and after cleaning and greasing the conecter i had no more trouble with it .........good luck :)

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds