BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

convertible roof instructions?!

• wbsi1983
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2011 01:15 #21475 by wbsi1983
convertible roof instructions?! was created by wbsi1983
hi all,
Been looking at jimnys now for a few months and went to go look at my first one for sale, unfortunatly the dealer didnt have a clue about how to operate the roof and nor did i. i said i would go back once i had found out so that i could check it works. I have tried the search function and couldnt find anything also tried google! how would i go about getting the instructions on how to raise and lower the roof on a 2001 jlx? thanks in advance.

will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2011 04:28 #21477 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic Re: convertible roof instructions?!
Un-zip the windows and then the main section clips/buttons on/off.

From your post it sounds asthough you were looking for a button? :laugh:

• goatboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2011 05:07 #21478 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic Re: convertible roof instructions?!
The front section just undo the 2 clips at the front and it folds in half (you can fold the back section in on itself to get the opening wider....

The back section is a pig assuming its the old type of roof.
Back window has a bar along the bottom which clips onto the boot door, pull the bar towards you (carefully the clips are fragile) to disengage it from the boot. Unvelcro the flaps then Unzip the rear window and remove.
Repeat the process for the 2 side windows (unclip and unzip).
The from inside the car there are 2 clips on the front edge of the roof (like the ones on the front section). Undo those and then the roof can be collapsed back into the boot.

Taking it off is actually quite easy. Putting it all back together is the reverse of taking it down but the zips are really fiddly and the clips amazing flimsy, you certainly wouldn't want to be doing it in a rush!

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2011 06:24 #21482 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Re: convertible roof instructions?!
Or you can toss the old roof away and do this...

Costs about $500 and takes 10 seconds to remove, 15 to replace and is wind/rain proof and very quiet for a ragtop roof. I think it may also contribute to the 6.5L/100km economy.

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2011 06:25 #21483 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Re: convertible roof instructions?!

adamatdraycott wrote: Un-zip the windows and then the main section clips/buttons on/off.

From your post it sounds asthough you were looking for a button? :laugh:

PMSL at "The button" :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds