BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Larger M16A or M18A throttle body?

• Sandez
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Aug 2011 11:13 #19832 by Sandez
Larger M16A or M18A throttle body? was created by Sandez
I've got the feeling that my Idle Air Control valve is giving me all my idling issues, and once I get the special tool to remove it; the TS Star Torx bit; I'll remove it and clean it and give that a go.

Should that fail to work I'll be looking at replacing the throttle body, including all sensors. Since the IAC valve seems to only be available from Suzuki, given what their usual pricing would be like, I'm thinking the money could be better spent on upgrading the thottle body to increase air flow (and power :evil: ). Pricing for a second hand M13A throttle body was $150 with all sensors. I'm only assuming here but that would be cheaper than just the IAC valve from Suzuki, hence why I am considering this mod.

Firstly, what I was wondering, as this is my first part of my research into it, are the M16A or even the M18A throttle body the same size as the M13A? If not has anyone had any experience or knowledge of whether they would be a straight fit? Would I need to replace the intake manifold as well?

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Regards,
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zaine
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Aug 2011 10:26 #19883 by zaine
Replied by zaine on topic Re: Larger M16A or M18A throttle body?
ooo would also like to know if the larger tb's can be easily fitted :evil:

More
06 Jun 2020 00:45 #223296 by Zapnologica
Did anyone ever check this?

I know that the m13a throttle body is interchangeable with the m18a one on the m18a intake manifold.

So I suspect this would be possible.

The m18a TB is substantially larger..

2015 Suzuki Jimny

4" 100mm Lift
M18A Motor
Crawler Gears
Dual Air Lockers
Lots of mods.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
06 Jun 2020 06:43 #223298 by Riccy
M16 is as big as you will find easily in the UK.

The throttle body from a liana M16 fits and works on the swift M16 when in a Jimny, if thats any help.

With the Jimny the biggest restriction is the manifold itself. Its ported for the 1.3 (much smaller than the head apertures).

This pic shows the Jimny inlet manifold vs the actual port size:

You can go down the ITB route :whistle: Thats what I'm running my M18 with now and its made a huge difference:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

• sealine150
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2020 22:20 #224002 by sealine150
Replied by sealine150 on topic Larger M16A or M18A throttle body?
So could i ask for something close to this thread.
I swap a M16 from swift to my 2009 Jimny.
What intake will make jimny works better?

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
26 Jun 2020 16:12 #224031 by Riccy

sealine150 wrote: So could i ask for something close to this thread.
I swap a M16 from swift to my 2009 Jimny.
What intake will make jimny works better?

The swift one wont fit without some cutting & welding. Swift one also has a drive-by-wire throttle body, which is no good for a Jimny.

Best thing is to fit the M16 with the jimny manifold to start with and see what its like. There are only tiny gains to be had from the various options without going to throttle bodies or similar setup (big expense).

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds