BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Anti roll bar

• mark1971
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2011 07:08 #19297 by mark1971
Anti roll bar was created by mark1971
I was thinking of removing the anti roll bar to help the wheels stay on the ground when I'm off roading. The question is will the increased movement of the front axle cause issues with the standard length brake hoses? I'm lifting the car 3" next month and if there could be issues I will just wait until I've extended the brake hoses as part of the lift.

Cheers Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2011 07:21 #19298 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re: Anti roll bar
If you are removing the anti roll bar you will need longer brake hoses and it will save you time when you do the lift later. :)

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....

• mark1971
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2011 07:24 #19299 by mark1971
Replied by mark1971 on topic Re: Anti roll bar
Cheers for the quick response. I'll leave it alone for now since I've not bought the lift kit or hoses yet.....roll on pay day ( woo hoo ).

More
21 Jul 2011 07:31 - 21 Jul 2011 14:56 #19300 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re: Anti roll bar
That OK mate we are here to help.
Martin has the longer hoses in stock and no vat to pay
good luck.
DIRTYDOGZ B)
www.bigjimny.com/store/index.php/jimny-p...hose-sets/p_122.html

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 21 Jul 2011 14:56 by dirtydogz.

• Adamski
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2011 15:59 #19311 by Adamski
Replied by Adamski on topic Re: Anti roll bar
I took the anti roll bar off for the same reason about 6 months ago. I got fed up with the car flopping about so this morning I refitted it (with new anti roll bar links) and I cannot believe how much better it is to drive with the anti roll bar fitted.

If you don't do much on road driving, take it off. Otherwise leave it on as you will soon get sick of wobbling about round corners.

Just my 2 pence :)

• Az1987
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2011 16:42 #19314 by Az1987
Replied by Az1987 on topic Re: Anti roll bar
Just a quick side note it is now a MOT fail to remove a anti-roll bar from a vehicle that left the factory with one.

More
21 Jul 2011 17:33 #19318 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re: Anti roll bar
Mines long gone!

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2011 18:05 #19322 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: Anti roll bar
My Merc went for its MOT last week, passed. and I happened to mention about the anti roll bar issue.
His reply was if the tester doesn't notice it not being on, and the rest of the vehicle is ok, he/she would pass it.
If they notice it's not on, then it's a fail, for sure.

He did say that if I take it to him at the council depot for testing, I hadn't told him about it being removed. So perhaps he would miss it. (?) ;) ;) :)

• X-Eng Simon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jul 2011 11:53 #19481 by X-Eng Simon
Replied by X-Eng Simon on topic Re: Anti roll bar
Maybe something like this would be good for Jimny's?

This is a Land Rover kit, essentially using a drive shaft as the torsion bar and freewheeling hub to allow locking & unlocking of the anti-roll.

Maybe, before I swap my axles, I'll have a go at knocking something together as a bolt on kit for Jimnys.

Si

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jul 2011 12:19 #19482 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Anti roll bar
sounds like a great new product for x-eng!

More
25 Jul 2011 15:41 #19485 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re: Anti roll bar
Sounds good for all our highly lifted jimnys, will be very interested if the price is right!
I'm not looking forwards to taking my jimny out on the road with 2'' body lift, 4.5'' suspension lift and full 6 point external cage, and no anti roll bar if it gets an MOT.

• mark1971
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Aug 2011 15:57 #20192 by mark1971
Replied by mark1971 on topic Re: Anti roll bar
Put extended brake hoses on my jimny today and also removed the anti roll bar whilst I had it up on the car lift. It's going to take some getting used to the roll bar not bring there. Car pitches into the corners in a rather funny old way and seems to wobble if the road is uneven. Going up to castleside quarry in consett tomorrow night to see if it all works better off road.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds