BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rear extended brake hose leaking!

• Nobby22
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jul 2011 19:11 #19204 by Nobby22
Rear extended brake hose leaking! was created by Nobby22
Hi all. Just fitted the 3" lift and we put in extended brake line. All of them are fine apart from the rear extended line is leaking out of both ends! :( We nipped it up and the top connection seems to have stopped but the bottom is still leaking. Any one had this before? They are from jimnybits so are good quality and as i said the other two are not leaking at all. Do you think i need to take if off and get a new extneded hose. The old one came of fine so i dont think we damaged the harline. Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• p1ngu32
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jul 2011 19:18 #19206 by p1ngu32
Replied by p1ngu32 on topic Re: Rear extended brake hose leaking!
Hi,
I had the same issue with my rear braided hose leaking too when i first fitted it, infact the fluid pretty much fell out before i'd even gone to bleed it, i removed mine checked for any dirt on the sealing surfaces then reassembled tightening them up as much as i could without breaking some thing, its been fine since. The lower connection was the hardest to get to seal properly.

• Az1987
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jul 2011 20:10 #19212 by Az1987
Replied by Az1987 on topic Re: Rear extended brake hose leaking!
Sounds like the two flanges on the union are not sealing correctly. I had one on a car that i put a new pipeon that had corroded where there was water in the brake fluid all I did was removed the union from the car cleaned inside with a pick, little bit of light grade sand paper, gt85 and gently retapped the thread was all ok after.

• Nobby22
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2011 14:05 #19308 by Nobby22
Replied by Nobby22 on topic Re: Rear extended brake hose leaking!
I am glad its not just mine! We have tightened them up some more and they seemed to have stopped leaking. Its one of those things you dont want to over tighten in case you snap something and your left with no brakes and no car!

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds