BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Interesting Suzuki article on Death Wobble

• X8GGY
  • X8GGY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
02 May 2011 08:10 #15741 by X8GGY
Got this link from a customer, very interesting -

vaxxi.net/Jimny/Jimny_Wobble_Service_Bulletin.pdf

And an admission from Suzuki of it's existence ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alexb25
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 May 2011 10:20 #15748 by alexb25
Vaxxi is a very enthusiast Romanian jimny owner. I learned many things from him.
Somehow related to death wobble is this post from a Romanian Suzuki forum:
www.suzuki-club.ro/forum/probleme-tehnic...tii-la-70-75-kmh/72/
Not many jimny (stock) owners know about this:
www.bridgestonetrucktires.com/us_eng/rea...7v1issue2/Doctor.asp

• VAXXi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 May 2011 10:48 #15754 by VAXXi
That's my site :) glad you found the PDF useful.

Alexb25 let me know about the post, so I had to register here also.

More
22 May 2011 15:15 #16740 by Obarno
Just to say thanks for the pdf - very useful. When I bought my Jimny - 2007 model - the front axle casing was bent so I bought a new one from Suzuki. Rebuilt it with parts from the old one but fitted all new kingpin bearings, oil seals, swivel oil seals etc and guess what?? Yup wheel wobble. Had the front wheels rebalanced which helped but still there at around 40mph - typical death wobble. So i bought some new front radius arm chassis bushes as specified in the pdf and what a differnce they make. Without shims the wobble has virtualy gone - almost hard to feel. Probably with a shim each side the steering would be almost stiff. Why the bushes should make so much difference I can't imagine - they don't appear to be any different from the early ones but I suppose the rubber must be a different mix.
Doubtless Suzuki spent a lot of time and effort on this problem and they seem to have found the solution. The local dealer tells me they fit plenty of these 'kits' without further problem.
I hope my experience helps others to resolver this issue, as I certainly wouldn't have thought of changing those bushes.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• zukenutter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 May 2011 20:30 #17158 by zukenutter
Replied by zukenutter on topic Re: Interesting Suzuki article on Death Wobble
Wow, this PDF has gone viral :cheer:

It's an Australian bulletin but relevant to all and I'm glad that so many will benefit from it. Good on you Vaxxi for spreading the love.

• VAXXi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jun 2011 06:07 #17163 by VAXXi
That's where I got it from! one of the most interesting and relevant documents on the topic. Talk about Suzuki WikiLeaks ... :)

• Collins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2011 16:30 #17337 by Collins
Thank you very much for this. I have had a persistent wobble for 4 years - everything except the bushes has been checked/changed. Polybushes here we come!

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds